Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the pics i some of the guys want to see of this setup i found a choke cable mount for it, i cant figure out where it went and am not sure if it came with the setup but it can be mnade to work

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

and another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

and yet another showing the gap where the air filter mounts to the carb, i dont rmember if there was a piece lost or whether its a different filter or what but its not air tight like my 83 is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

and in this one i tried to get the list # of the holley which is #2211, dont bother calling any parts house or even holley looking for parts to this carb. the parts houses dont list it and holley cant even discuss it with you other than to tell you it was a special run for a vendor and the vendor has the patent rights to it and have not released it, but you can buy a carb kit for a 1970 mustang with a 6 cylinder and it will work with the exception of the needle and seat and after talking to holley for a while i was refered to some bike shop in florida that had the needle and seat for my 83 which has the same setup

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I had a single carb setup I installed on my trike project and everything looks the same just a piece is missing, mine had a thick rubber gasket that fit around the top of the carb and thus made for a snug airtight fit.

I don't have access to my pics right now because I am deployed but, in my opinion it looks like the same setup.

I think the correct carb rebuld kit should be from from older 6 cylynder ford engines. I ordered a rebuild kit for it and was successful in rebuilding it as well. I will try toget that ino available if anyone wants it. I also have a copy of theinstallation instructions. Just PM me.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

...that is a Holley Mdl#1940 carburetor.

Cycle Innovations sold that Invader/Eliminator kit using the Holley mdl#1940 carb jetted to their spec (as I understand it).

Installation and Troubleshooting Guide can be downloaded here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

yup, thats the one, cycle innovations, i have one on my 83 1100 and it runs great, only problem i had with it is i have to run with the gas cap off or the tank will build pressure ad force gas past the needle seat and flood the engine......... sucks when that happens

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

That is correct "Cycle Innovations" was the company name. I never had any problems with it after it was rebuilt except with the choke. It never really wanted to operate that well, and it was cold natured as a result. I soon sold the trike afterwards anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.