Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am on the look out for a couple of essentials for the new to me, 1800 that I hope to get on Thursday.

If anyone has the following laying around in the garage gathering dust, I will be happy to part with a few ££££'s for them.

Service manual.... (not owners book that comes with the bike) but a Honda or Clymer type one.

Tow bar + electrics.... very important as I use a trailer, and can't fit all our camping gear etc, in the boxes.:shock:

Would be happy to pay the postage on the manual and travel a good distance for the tow bar.... any excuse for a ride, especially if I can lash it on for the return journey. :D

I would be interested in any other goodies that you might have too, since I am starting with a fairly blank canvas, just rotor covers and a few bits of bling fitted so far.

Thanks for looking folks. :waving:

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i take it by your laughing rudy that the Mattel corp wont like the use of safety chrome on these bikes.....:shock:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

No, my laughing is because here is a guy who had it all. perfect bike, fully tweaked , comfort, storage space... everything ... and got wrapped up in the "me too's" and now look where he is....

Sorry Pete, it's just too sad.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Been there and done that, 4 times in nearly 30 years and I guess some would say, I should have stuck with the old 1000 that I first had with Vetter fairing and Sigma boxes, but then again, you only live once. Who knows, in a few years I might change my mind again and trike the bike and try some of that too!!!!

I will probably end up spendinga small fortune on chrome that I don't at the moment want and some lights too, but I have to say that there is no doubt in my mind that I am happily moving on.

...... yours sincerely

converted of Croydon.:D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Here's hoping you stay that way. :cooler:
Which..... converted..... or in Croydon? :baffled::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey Pete ,you will get a NEW towbar from Gary in cyclemax for what you will buy a scondhand one for in the UK ,,Remember you will have to change the BALL on the american hitch to fit your trailer ,,if you want one of the trailer electric hook up from the bike to the trailer I can send you a newsocket and receiver for free,,it is smaller than the UK type and fits nice and snug on the tow bar ,, ,I have one lying around in the shed ,still in its packet ,I also have a full set of windwings in clear (top and bottom ) I was going to get them sprayed the colour of an 1800 ,but then I just left them there in the shed ,You can have them for free as well ,they cost around £250 a set ,just PM me your address and I will get them off to you ,,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi Ciaran,

thank you for the very kind offer on the wind wings, but I am pleased to say that they are fitted to the one I am buying, so those that you have can go to a better cause than me.

I did contemplate buying in from the States regarding the tow bar, but assumed that even with Cycle Max "preferential" postage system, that it would work out more expensive, but thanks, I will investigate the avenue.

I would of course be interested in the socket, if that is alright.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
imported post

Hey Ciaran, you don't have a spare bike for free as well do you? Only kidding! It's nice to see the generosity of fellow members on this forum.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Wexman, for the generous "donation" of teh trailer socket, which arrived today. A suitable donation will be going in the kitty soon and of course if I can help Wexman or others on the site I willbe happy to do so.

Now all I need is the bike to put it on.:whip:Bl**dy loan company using snail mail!!!

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Has that nice new silver one arrived yet, should have got a red one as its the fastest colour and would probably have gotten to you sooner :coollep:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I phone the loan company daily, and at last they told me last night that they have received the paperwork that they requested, (that is a week to get to the in tray!!!) Now they are going to ring me, sometime today supposedly to tell me the money is being transfered!!!! We shall see, don't hold your breaths!!!!:(

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

he cant he needs the 1800 to be able to pull that trailer of his up hill and down dale in Wales next year.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

No second thoughts about the bike.... only about the loan company I chose!!!!!:X

If I don't get the money today, Imight taking up the offer from another company that I was trying and probably should have gone with.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Foxy,

This is what happens when you pass on the offer of a 1800 in the fastest colour, things just take longer with the slower colours. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

Don't worry, it will be worth the wait, you will be able to spend 3 months polishing it whilst waiting for the snow to clear. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

keep chasing the bike Pete!!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Friday night and still no money transfered, useless Tescos!!!! Same story,,, "really sorry, we have been inundated with business and are trying to clear the backlog"

:X:X

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.