Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As you know there are 8 red led lightseach window on Kuryakyn GL1800 LED Lighted trunk Moilding.. I washed my GOLDWING today. I realized thathalf of theled lights ina window sometimes doesn't work, sometimesillumunates tooweak.. I tried to solve problem,took out all assamble, dried it...It worked..Than did not work again...Do you haveany advice?? Thank you...

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

Yes I found this on an after market LED line of 12 light and ti was water getting in a small pin hole where the wire goes in and the water you dry out seems to be out but it really is still in under a LED light so when the light warms up it some what steams then you lose the contact. I got so mad at this that a bought I new LED and sealed in up with a clear rubber glue. Hope it will work for you too.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

The wifes high mount brake light on her 96 gimmy did the same thing. I went to buy a new one & they wanted $160 for it. I said stuff it. a mechanic was there at the parts counter & he told me to pull it off, pop it apart & re melt the sodders. He said they would be like new, So I did & they all worked again.

Led's are tough to burn out but they need a good connection & the sodder cracks from road vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.