Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Some men find it imperative to wear a $5000 Rolex watch, and some find itokay to wear nothing but a $30 Timex Camper....... I'm a Timex guy......

And some men find it imperative to drive a $60,000 automobile, and some men don't....... I don't.........

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd226/roscinante/MCtrip2009145.jpg

(don't know why I found it necessary to say the above, but I did!)

What I do find it necessary to say is that Red and I have a great summer halfway planned! We areflying "nap of the land" to the East.... out on Highway 2 or 200 to Duluth, Minnesota, then up the North Shore Drive on Highway 61.... and then east on Canadian Highway 17, wiggling our way somehow up the western side of the St Lawrence, and ferry across..... and then do the Gaspe' Peninsula, Prince Edward Island, and Cape Breton, and then of course drop in to attend Nassir 3! If the datesturn outwrong via our poll, then we'll do 'er in reverse! But it shall be done..... If you live somewhere along this route, keep CJ and Red in mind for a meetup or something...... but..... in the words of the Immortal Cannonball Baker,

"Clear the road....we are a'comin!"

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Can't wait......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Some men find it imperative to wear a $5000 Rolex watch, and some find itokay to wear nothing but a $30 Timex Camper....... I'm a Timex guy......

And some men find it imperative to drive a $60,000 automobile, and some men don't....... I don't.........
I don't either. I just love to enjoy this great country. :action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I think you need a big detour south in there somewhere for the BRP! Then we could ride north to NASSIR3 with a bunch of others!

Just with the folks from Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina we could put together a group of 25-30 bikes!

Just don't try to steal my sidecar!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Just don't try to steal my sidecar!
Hah! Not to worry..... "He Who Once Rode In The Sidecar" is now 25 years old, rides his own bike, and has a smackin' hot girlfriend........

I don't need a sidecar....yet..... however, when the old legs get a permanent tremble, I'll be back on three wheels..... but not a trike. I'll only ride a trike if I have to sell ice cream someday, which I might with the way Obamica is going!

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
you wear a watch?
Yeah, but it doesn't have any hands.........

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,647 Posts
imported post

what's a watch? Nothing like that on my arms, fingers or hands :cooler:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Some men find it imperative to wear a $5000 Rolex watch, and some find itokay to wear nothing but a $30 Timex Camper
Some men find it okay to wear nothing but a $5000 Rolex watch, and some find it imperative to wear a $30 Timex Camper

Apples and Oranges eh?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
What I do find it necessary to say is that Red and I have a great summer halfway planned! We areflying "nap of the land" to the East.... out on Highway 2 or 200 to Duluth, Minnesota, then up the North Shore Drive on Highway 61.... and then east on Canadian Highway 17, wiggling our way somehow up the western side of the St Lawrence, and ferry across..... and then do the Gaspe' Peninsula, Prince Edward Island, and Cape Breton, and then of course drop in to attend Nassir 3! If the datesturn outwrong via our poll, then we'll do 'er in reverse! But it shall be done..... If you live somewhere along this route, keep CJ and Red in mind for a meetup or something...... but..... in the words of the Immortal Cannonball Baker,

"Clear the road....we are a'comin!"

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Can't wait......
Mel ..... I'll PM you the 1st bit of the route that I have to NB. I have to send the route map in 2 3 links as there are too many points for one map I'm stii workin on it ;)

Dusty

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

CJ, I live in Winona, Mn a bit below Duluth (4 or so hours) but I would love to ride up there with the speedcontrol on the back to meet you and Red. Let me know when and I will see if I am off that weekend or whenever. (Speedcontrol calmly reminds me when I am going a little over the posted with a gentle slap to the helmet.) Would be a great ride for us up the Wi. side. Would be an honor to meet the both of you. Randy

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

CJ and Dusty,
Living here in NB let me know your route and travel plans, Spouse and I will definitely attempt to meet up with you along your runs.

Blaine

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Sakryn wrote:
CJ and Dusty,
Living here in NB let me know your route and travel plans, Spouse and I will definitely attempt to meet up with you along your runs.

Blaine
Same here.

James

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

No fair!! I call foul. You can come to OKC this next time. And hey!! You won't wear the sides of your tires out but you may be able to park your bike without a side stand or center stand because the middle of the tires will be worn flat. We have some real straight roads out here.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
No fair!! I call foul. You can come to OKC this next time. And hey!! You won't wear the sides of your tires out but you may be able to park your bike without a side stand or center stand because the middle of the tires will be worn flat. We have some real straight roads out here.
Hahah! Been to Oklahoma, me and Red...... we were riding across it one summer and Red said, "how come they call them the 'Oklahoma "Sooners'?"

And I said, "well, back in 1889, they'd line up and race for the best land claims...those that got good places were called 'Sooners'........!"

There was a long, shocked silence from the back seat, and then Red said, "they actually lined up....and raced......for this?"

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Actually, 84', we both found Oklahoma to be a nice place!

Hey, everybody! Thanks for your kind offers! We'll be keeping a list and looking forward to meeting some of you..... it sure worked out for us this summer!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Personally, I use a pocket watch, no Timex or Rolex, and about 60 years old at that, given to me when I was but a wee pup. And it's priceless.;)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I use a sun dial :DI can never tell the time ,because there is never any blasted sun here

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
I use a sun dial :DI can never tell the time ,because there is never any blasted sun here

in this country?????????

that explains a lot ............ :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Hmmm...so, Karen-

You're claiming that the UK and Ireland have "Mango Rains"?:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

To wit: "Mango Rains-
Mango rains are the unexpected light showers that appear in this neck of the tropics during the dry season, when, typically, it doesn’t rain at all. They get their name from how they help create a big, juicy mango crop."

It IS lovely to dream, and we all covet the tropics? :waving:

You're a gem, btb, and I hope you both are doing well! :cooldj:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

That pictures is what it will be like on the Honda 50 run this weekend coming :cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.