Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wifes grandfather was a mechanic and kept all kinds of literature on cars and bikes and whatnot. Since im purchasing an 82 interstate I figured Id look and see if there was any cool literature on goldwings. Heres some sales brochures. First one, imagine that, 82 interstate.

A 79 book

Finally, a 1975 preview pic of the all new upcoming GOLDWING!

PS pay no attention to the socks :D

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Cool stuff.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Not only do I have the pictured 79's detachable cases, but I have the exact same Shoei Hondaline helmet.

Thanks for the pics. :applause:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

It's always nice to hold on to the Goldwing sales literature. Sometimes it's the only good reference to see what a stock Goldwing looked like out of the showroom.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Would be nice if you can get a hold of a scanner, and make those available in their entirety.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Those pics are pretty much the only goldwing specific stuff I found. Have a ton of other older models if someone is looking and wants to see.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
Those pics are pretty much the only goldwing specific stuff I found. Have a ton of other older models if someone is looking and wants to see.
How about a original add showing a '76 Kawasaki KZ-750 ?
Too young at the time to appreciate it and have practically no pictures of it worth a darn. Would enjoy seeing an original advertisement for it.

Ok, back to my original comment, if you have a bunch of these older adds, you might think about the scanner idea I mentioned simply as a way to preserve them. That way no matter if the paper fades, or get's dog-eared, you'd always have the originals available.
Just an idea.

I did this with some 1950's Lionel train catalogs I'd gotten a hold of before I sold them.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Thank You for taking the time to post these pic.OUTSTANDING!!!!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Dang no kz750's for ya. A lot of Honda, Harley, and old old bikes that don't exist anymore. I think I have about every issue(hundreds) of antique motorcycle magazine that is like an encyclopedia of information.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I had a 75 wing identical to the one in your last photo. Bought it in 77 with just 13k on it. IIRC, I paid $1600 for it (naked). Didn't care much for that shade of red, so I got a bud's brother who worked at the GM Truck plant as a painter, to paint it a gloss black and then had blue pin striping put on it and to all the Vetter accessories I added to it. Great bike, with a great sound system (Marantz) for the era. They were considered a 'super bike' back in the day.

Circa 1978 - on the Whiteface Memorial Highway, near Lake Placid, NY. Yup .... I was a MotoCamper way back then. I travelled a lot lighter then, as my 24 yr old body didn't need all the 'comforts' it seems to need now.

Missed that one .... but I got over the loss when I picked up my 92 Aspencade :D

Thanks for the memories! :cooler:

Dusty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.