Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I found in Orlando Fl, 2 wing projects. the PO after leaving him a call back # got in touch with me and told me if I wanted then to come and get them. Not a bad price at all (Free!! ). So I'm going to restore them back to the OEM. I would like to Chronical the build on here if the Mods will allow it? This way it will help some people that do not have or have little experience in a restoration project on" the Older Wings" Below are the pictures of the wings after I picked them up. Enjoy the progress.

Allan :readit:

Attachments

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:
I found in Orlando Fl, 2 wing projects. the PO after leaving him a call back # got in touch with me and told me if I wanted then to come and get them. Not a bad price at all (Free!! ). So I'm going to restore them back to the OEM. I would like to Chronical the build on here if the Mods will allow it? This way it will help some people that do not have or have little experience in a restoration project on" the Older Wings" Below are the pictures of the wings after I picked them up. Enjoy the progress.

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Good find!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

only in my dreams---nope not me. i dont get that lucky.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
imported post

Wow. That abandoned project looks like it was near completion. The exteriors look great on those bikes. You're one lucky dog to pick those up for nada. Did the PO say what the status is of the bikes? Needs carbs, frame, etc?Looking forward to the restoration.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

wrote:
wrote:
Did they come with titles?
Ya ! like Norton said!:cheeky1::cheeky1: Nice find. I am jealous.
bobalou,nortonthey did come with titles!!. Thanks for the feed back. I hope it all goes well. they look in better shape then my 82 interstate when I picked it up!. AndIt was left outside for 12 years!!, so you can guess what it looked like. the Aspencade is with out a doubt in better shape then the Interstate. the PO told me he had a fellow that owed him some money and could not pay him. So he gave him these bike in trade. Well to make a long story longer the PO is so crippled up hehas a difficult time getting around. "He is a former Viet Nam Vet". I never made it to Nam but when I served " Tricky Dick " was getting readyto reinstate the draft. So I joined. Put 10 years in and got my Honorable. My heart really goes out to this Gentlemen for what he is and what he has done for our country!!!!!!. I think I'm going to restore the 81 Interstate first and as a jester of good will " I'm going to Give it to him as a present!!!!. I know he can't ride but he has a son that loves it just as much. They don't have a lot left in this life except a few things. So my plan is to give back as much as I have received!!!!!!!!!!!!..............I just feel the need to " PAY IT FORWARD". Do you guy's concur?.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

WOW !!!!!!! Now that is the way to get a nice project. Nothing beats FREE. CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your project. I will be watching your progress on the restore. Just keep the updates coming.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
bobalou,nortonthey did come with titles!!. Thanks for the feed back. I hope it all goes well. they look in better shape then my 82 interstate when I picked it up!. AndIt was left outside for 12 years!!, so you can guess what it looked like. the Aspencade is with out a doubt in better shape then the Interstate. the PO told me he had a fellow that owed him some money and could not pay him. So he gave him these bike in trade. Well to make a long story longer the PO is so crippled up hehas a difficult time getting around. "He is a former Viet Nam Vet". I never made it to Nam but when I served " Tricky Dick " was getting readyto reinstate the draft. So I joined. Put 10 years in and got my Honorable. My heart really goes out to this Gentlemen for what he is and what he has done for our country!!!!!!. I think I'm going to restore the 81 Interstate first and as a jester of good will " I'm going to Give it to him as a present!!!!. I know he can't ride but he has a son that loves it just as much. They don't have a lot left in this life except a few things. So my plan is to give back as much as I have received!!!!!!!!!!!!..............I just feel the need to " PAY IT FORWARD". Do you guy's concur?.
;)you betcha.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
flyboyziel56 wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
;)you betcha.
Bro if you were closer I'd offer my shop and assist! Most would hoot and never look back! I'm gettin teary eye'd. I am not doin well with money but pm me if I got I will give to help you in your quest!

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

bobalou wrote:
wda-83wing wrote:
flyboyziel56 wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
;)you betcha.
Bro if you were closer I'd offer my shop and assist! Most would hoot and never look back! I'm gettin teary eye'd. I am not doin well with money but pm me if I got I will give to help you in your quest!
Thanks Bobalou!!1 I'll keep that in mind. I sure could use a shop!! I've got too many projects going!!!. I've got almost a complete machine shop crammed into a 2 car garage LOL!! drives the wife nuts LMAO!!! but she knows I'm home all of the time tho!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
Right on bro. Do it, it'll blow him away.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:

WOW.
If you want to part with one I'll double what you paid for it LOL

Yes, if you post it I will read it, I have an 80, 82, and 86 I need to work on. Riding the 82 now. Runs good but needs some better looks. Just got back from SC. at 2am my time tonight :smiler:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.