Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You are going around a shady sweeper. As you come out of the turn, the hillside pulls away, and the sun hits your face. You feel the sharp contrast of the cool air of the turn and the warmth of the sun.

You dont get that wonderful feeling in a cage.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Sure don't. Along with that the noises and smells of nature.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

The sense of freedom on my Honda 50 just cant be explained in words. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

My favourite sensation on a bike is sweeping S bends at high speed. getting it over and feeling bit of metal coming in contact with the road. Also just the sheer exhilaration of acceleration that you just don't get in a cage unless it's a ferrari or similar.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

After not owning or riding a bike for over 10 years you forget thing's. After getting another wing on one of the first rides i came around a turn in the road. The same road i have been to work on 5 days a week for 6 years. There is a small pasture after that turn and i never really noticed but they have sheep in that field and you can SMELL them. I just smiled and thought you cant get that in a car!

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Let's be careful with the sheep talk. I understand it get's very lonely on those islands off the coast. I also understand it is a long trip to Idaho on a Honda 50. But some people will do anything for love.

Maaaaamaaaamammamaaaaaaaa!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Went bya pig farm a couple weeks ago... Sometimes you don't want to smell everything!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Went bya pig farm a couple weeks ago... Sometimes you don't want to smell everything!
That's one of those things that you just can't escape. Even if you're in a cage.:gunhead:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

My neighbours :18red:has air con. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

This is not exactly the same thing, but I won't get in the car and just go for a drive, but Ican't wait to get out on my Wing just to go for aride. I agree with PatinIdaho, how it ispretty coolthat a road you travel all the time in a cage looks different on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

This is cool... I ride up in Vermont a lot to a town called W. Adison on lake Champlain and the valley is all farm land... On the bike, the smell of cow s__t of overwhelming. You can even get it in a cage..

My squeeze and I flew up therethe summer of 1999 and on my aproach to Middlebury airport, that same cow s__t smell was strong as ever at 1500 ft. We held our breath till I put the Cherokee on the runway...

This guy walks up to a sheep farm and asked the little boy on the porch why his father spends so much time in the barn. The boy said his father is working the sheep day and night..

The guy asked the boy if his mother minded that her husband spent so much time in the barn, to which the little boy replied,,,,,,,NNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Yeah there's nothing like getting out of the city and just crusin out in the country going nowhere, just riding for hours, kind of a vacation from work, life, family, just out crusin and enjoying the wind in your face, and a great veiw.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

First of all.. yep your right about the sights and smells.... riding to conesville iowa a while back.. yep smelled alot of sheep uhh yea know.. and cow yea know.. seen alot of sheep and what not.. it is great to get out like that and see and smell things yea dont in a cage.....

Second.. brojess... seen you are at the start of da yeller brick road..... which end of kansas ya be in???

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

"Show Me" end. Drove right past you on Friday going to Lexington.

You might not have seen me waving as I was in a cage with passengers. And that cage is horrible!! A Suburban, the devil's own limo! Certainly not mine!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

:)Yes the noises and the smells of nature . In the fall when leaves are changing colour , the smells there and the birds singing ride the curves on a country road , it don't get any better :baffled:.

:waving:Zryder :1000yellow:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey :stumped: I never knew that there was cows, sheep, etc in the states. :stumped:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

The other day I downloaded some awesome maps from the Oregon website. After going on a particular route, I looked back at the map, and it was sooo cool to look at a route on the map and visualize what specific turns looked like, and felt like.

Too Cool for Rules!

Perhaps a worthless post, but its a nice feeling....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds like hangar flying to me!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

I wound up selling off my three bikes before I joined the Navy in 1982.

Spent 20+ years at sea dreaming of riding again and finally have found my feelings of freedom and sense of reality again after being stuck in cages all these years.

Nothing can compare to how everything changes when your on a scoot!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Like they say. "Onlypeople who ride bikesunderstand why dogs stick there head out of a car window"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.