Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My first bike was a 2006 Suzuki C50C. Great little bike. When I bought the Wing back in June, I kept the Zuki so my son could ride with me, but it hasn't been ridden in about a month, so I rode it to work today. It was like night and day. I loved the Suzuki (still do) but there is no comparison. I had almost forgotten about fighting the wind, staying low in the tranny, the vibration, and feeling all the bumps in the road.

Every now and again it's good to get a reminder of why I spent so much money on the Wing. It is worth every dime.

mike

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

I've been riding scooters or motorcycles for 49 years...I didn't know that I had spent all that time working my way up to a Goldwing, but I'm really glad I did.:action:I gotmy Wingthis past Father's Day and have 8000 miles on it. There isn't any better 2 up riding to be found IMHO. And the bride likes it, too...can'tbe wrong.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I would have to agree with you. I've been riding for 40 years and the 1800 wing is hands down the most comfortable bike for riding 2 up that I have ever been on.

Now if they would just make one for those of us who are 6'4" --- leg placement for long legs is a bit of a problem - keep hitting the tupperware!!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Talking about hitting the tupperware, I'm 6'4 as well and the seating on the 1500 is straight up. I'd like to put a set of forward pegs on the crashbars but the plastic just gets in the way where it would be comfortable to rest my legs. Is there a narrower piece that could be fitted. It's the flared out piece like these http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/643 just where the fairing and engine meet you can see them on the left or right

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I really like riding my Silverwing scooter around town but there's no comparison between the ride between that and my 1500. The scooter ride is a lot rougher. Not objectionable but the difference is like night and day. Bumps I don't even notice on the big 'Wing is definitely noticeable on the little 'Wing.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

not sure on the setup on the 1500 , 0n my 85 aspsy i had forward floor boards and they were to close to the engine to be of any good , i bought a pair of clamp on pegs , that got my legs out away from the engine , then i took and mounted my floor boards on the new foot pegs with u bolts , 2 on each floor boards , took rubber off floor boards and drilled holes so the u bolts went on from the bottom up w nuts on top , then took gasket hole punch and made holes in rubber pads so the nuts had a place to be on the top side when the rubber was put back on boards , took some black paint and painted the nuts to match the color of the black rubber , hope ya get the idea

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,668 Posts
imported post

On my 1500, I had the type of engine guards that were two piece. The highway pegs were mounted on square vertical brackets that clamped to the upper and lower engine guard.

I slid them all the way forward, and that allowed me to stretch out completely and lean back into the backrest. Very comfortable, felt like the front seat of my older '82 Lincoln Continental.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

Wingle wrote:
Talking about hitting the tupperware, I'm 6'4 as well and the seating on the 1500 is straight up. I'd like to put a set of forward pegs on the crashbars but the plastic just gets in the way where it would be comfortable to rest my legs. Is there a narrower piece that could be fitted. It's the flared out piece like these http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/643 just where the fairing and engine meet you can see them on the left or right
same site,under and left of where those are is what you're asking about.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Thanks Zimmerleemark, I just didn't look far enough. I remember Dusty Boots talking about having something similar at one time. Anyone have any opinion on these boards from JC Witney http://tiny.cc/FoPlO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.