Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmm...reminds me of an old song..."If you go down to the woods today, you better not go alone..." modified from and sung to"The Teddy Bear's Picnic"... to wit:

avoid cloudy days, mountain top views are hidden

avoid hot, sultry weekends, campgrounds are crawling with drunks

gravel around every road patch

wild critters popping out of nowhere...:shock:

(Green Peter Lake???) :cool::D

(I think it will be a WONDERFUL opportunity, "soon" wouldn't be soon enough!!! :action:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Ubar,

I've ridden most of the back roads in Oregon as a passenger in Logging Trucks. My family are all in the logging industry out of Myrtle Creek & Myrtle Point area, I'm the only one who escaped. The Cascades in Oregon and the coastal range are some the the most beautiful scenery that I have ever come across. The rivers should be down quite a bit this time of year so there should be some great swimming holes along that route.

Most of the roads are not fit for a cruiser but if your on a dual sport bike it should be no problem. Watch out for log trucks, they won't be watching out for you. Many times they will cut a corner tight in order to make the trip faster. At times the roads are pretty desolate and if you have problems you could be there overnight before anyone comes along. Take extra gear to keep warm just in case and some emergency food.

Another great run is the Old McKenzie Highway out to Sisters.

Enjoy the ride.
PS, I called my PBFH Sister in Law off so your safe:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.