Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got a deal?/ on a tire pressure /temp monitoring system Wireless installs inside tire on rim and reciever on fairing soulds alarm at hi temp or low pressure

Any one else using these?/

results ( happy)

before I remove tires to install:action::action:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have heard many a argument against tire monitors. I really do not understand why ?

My opinion on anything that is safety related and used with common sense, such as with tries, a manual check of tire pressure by you the rider , to rule out a defective system, can only be a benefit.

I think it would be great to know if a tire has became punctured and is losing air, so I can pull off somewhere and take care of it, before it takes care of me. A tire can get pretty low before you notice the change in the feel. Meanwhile it is heating up.....

Kit

·
Administrator
26,547 Posts
imported post

I like the idea but the people who have cars with it frustrate the heck out of me. They cannot understand that if the light comes on they need to check the tire pressure, not come to the dealer and complain something is wrong with the car. We have had very few actual problems with the system.

·
Premium Member
62,988 Posts
imported post

They came on my wife's new car.. An extra load in the trunk "gardening supplies" has trigger the rear sensors.. Not a big deal to reset them, a button push.. You just have to look a a goofy light until you unload.. If I'd had to order them, I wouldn't have knowing what I know now.............

·
Administrator
26,547 Posts
imported post

That must be the system that judges tire pressure by wheel speed instead of actual pressure. Doesn't seem like a very good system to me. If all 4 tires had equal normal pressure loss it would never know they were low.

·
Premium Member
62,988 Posts
imported post

No, when I went to chrome rims I saw them change them.. They're a bladder looking thing inside the wheel held in place by the valve stem.. They're about 2" long and about an inch wide.. About a 3/4 lbs difference will set them off.. I've played with them in the driveway after they went off the first time to see what the deal was.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.