1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

UPDATED- MEVER MIND, I GOT IT-
Good day and thank you for responding.

I have a 81 1100 that the left rear shock sprung an air (and oil) leak. I was give an set of air shocks by the po to replace them. Wow, what a job getting to them. It is like a pandora's box with the hondaline dressing.

I have the right one off (the replacements I were given look almost identical to the ones on the bike). I cannot take off the bottom bolt that bolts into the rear differential off the bottom of the shock. I mean I have it off the bike but I cannot remove it from the bottom of the shock mount? The left one looks simple, like a regular car shock. It appears to be alluminum and if I could get it off I could put it on the replacement shock and the set would probably work. Any ideas? After marred knuckles, it appears to be one piece?
If I continue, I'm afraid I will make it unusable.
I figure it is break time and I would ask you folks.

UPDATE, i GOT IT, A LITTLE HEAT TO MELT THE RUBBER GROMMET AND IT CAME OFF.:weightlifter::clapper::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

good job, they are a pain to get off and on, i did mine and fought with it, but i won, then i lowered it, went much better

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Well done. I've seen some that the bolt got seized in the shock bushing and were a real problem to remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.