Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all, no tire talk here today.. :)
All of a sudden I have what sounds like a piece of metal vibrating against another piece of metal. Have touched all parts I can to no avail. Could this be comming from inside the back trans area? It does this at a little higher than idle, and while riding above 2-3 k. Off and on, not constant. Also hearing a new sound from up front that sounds similar to wind on faring, but it is also off and on, and when it starts it stays til end of ride. These are not extremely loud. I did hear front sound with or without clutch in and coasting.
Thanks for your gueses and advise.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Maybe check your center and side stands, spring gets weak and they bounce up and down?

Front could be tire noise?

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

If you have the stock exhaust system check the headers shrouds. When those clamps break they will buzz like mad at certain rpm's.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,793 Posts
imported post

Hey Patrick: These are just possibilities but check if the stator bolt at the rear of the engine is tight. The noise at the front may be your fan comming on and staying on. Which could mean the thermol fan switch is going bad. Just random thoughts. Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.