Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

That's good. makes me want to go riding.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Actually, CJ did a little 'write up', based on that.

I'll dig it up.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Thank you for that UBW, articles about TEL always interest me. Not just because of the motorcycle angle, but my Grandfather was seconded from Allenby's campaign to the 'party in the desert' as he called it. Not as anyone of importance, he was an enlisted man minding some kind of weaponry. He did once say that it was nice of Lawrence to mention him at the beginning of 'Seven Pillars..', even if only in passing, and he might have meant the other fellow anyway.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Yep,,,,,,, thats the good stuff:grinner:

Thanks to both UbarW and Dusty for digging them out.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

TE Lawrence has always been one of my heroes........ There is something about Brit society that spawns these extraordinary men, individual men who come from seemingly nowhere and go out and engage in "great enterprises;" they kind of streak across the sky, and then die out like meteors...... Lawrence, Shackleton, Mallory, Churchill, Lord Horatio Nelson, Francis Drake..... the list is endless. I call it my cult of "The Great Brit!" Lawrence is among the wildest of them -- scholar, soldier, writer, motorcyclist, and, ultimately, the tragic hero............ Love the guy! Or at least I love the idea of the guy.........

Lawrence on one of his Broughs.......

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots, thank you for digging that story out again.

CJ, that one belongs in your blog, now git there and put the picture along with it! tee hee.....

I bookmarked it along with a bunch of other CJ stories.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.