Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ride the The Triple Nickel before?
My son and I have planned a trip to southeast Ohio to ride "The Triple Nickel" (OH555).
We are Leaving southeast Michigan on Friday June 3rd. It's about 5 hours to the north end of 555 in Zanesville OH and we'll stay the night there. it's a 63 mile ride of the OH555 from south Zanesville to Little Hocking. I understand the road is also nicknamed "the Ohio Tail of the Dragon". We are very excited to take This First Time Father and Son trip together.
at the bottom of 555 we will be basically AT the West Virginia border so we'd like to dip into WV and find some Hill Country to ride - you know where to go??
tell us please

My son Drew is 23 yo and has been riding for 4 years so I'm lending him my ST1100 while I ride my Wing.
He'll do better on this length of ride behind it's windshield compared to the naked Triumph Street twin 900 he owns.
What's your thoughts guys?

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
49,874 Posts
Been awhile since I was on 555 but it is an awesome ride. There is a lot of good riding in the Hocking Hills area. If you get a chance ride rt 255 off of Rt 26 going to the city of Sardis right on the Ohio river, and if your hungry you could get a bite at Marvs Place, old building, foods pretty good, friendly people. You can find routes at www.windy9.com.

Going to a Dark Sider ride based out of Caldwell Oh next weekend so maybe I can get you a little better info on the shape of the roads, and others you might want to try out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how far into WV do you want to go? heading east on Rt 47 out of Parkersburg would be some fun curvy stuff. You'll end up in Weston. from there you can follow 48 to Elkins. There, a whole new world of roads opens up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
While I have no riding info in that area, I can make this suggestion, if you're going as far as Elkins, WV: If you are into railroading or model railroading, you do not want to miss the Cass Scenic Railroad which is very close to Elkins. There, they use the engineering marvel Shay engines.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!
Thanks for the Link Harvey. That's a nice looking ride!
Or trip is only 3 days total so we want to see as much as we can. It's my son's first trip on a bike that's more than a 2 hour ride - I hope he Love's It - so we'll do more trips together!

Reactions: dpscott1960
1 - 6 of 6 Posts