Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Having trouble posting. I think IE sucks. Many things don't work right since I did SP2. Wish I hadn't moved up from SP1. Anyway, does anybody here have experience with spraying vinyl upholstery? I have a black backrest, that needs to be dark chocolate brown. LTD orig. color. Bob

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Having trouble posting. I think IE sucks. Many things don't work right since I did SP2. Wish I hadn't moved up from SP1. Anyway, does anybody here have experience with spraying vinyl upholstery? I have a black backrest, that needs to be dark chocolate brown. LTD orig. color. Bob
So go download Mozilla Foxfire, works great. I put SP2 on my desktop and laptop and they both work better than before, don't know what is gremlining your machine. I tried some vinyl color spray with mixed results. It tended to wear off the sharper edges of the cushion it was on.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi, Paul. I do have Firefox, but still need IE for E-bay tools, etc. Also, when IE screws up, it takes incredi-mail, CoolEdit, exploring, Agent , with it. They're all built on IE. A typical scenario - - - - I click on a link, BAAAAAM. The damn thing locks up solid, forever, OooooRRRRR, it disappears immediately, including all other sessions. Also, when it locks, I can't access TaskManager. Also, when IE screws up, my right mouse don't work. I close IE, re-open, then alls well for awhile. Oh, and I lose all desktop click-ability, as well, if that's a proper word. Also, I have a lot of difficulty accessing MS sites, now ain't that a hoot! LOL So even if I use just Firefox, I still have issues when any of these other programs are open.I do a lot of music work, so Cool-Edit is valuable to me.I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Apple would be the way to go. Anyway, I may be faced with a complete re-install. With 9x os's, I usually did a re-install every 3-6 mos., but you wouldn't believe how long I've run this XP. When did XP first hit the store shelves?!!!! Could be a big share of my problem, but like I said earlier, I didn't have a problem, till SP2. Any thots? I have so many programs on this thing, I'm just reluctant to do a re-install. Getting lazy, I guess. Anyway, the paint for the vinyl, is not so easy to find these days, like it used to be. I can only find white, beige, and lite gray. Those I can get at any Auto Parts store. Why no other color, I don't know. Thanks much, Bob

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hey vic, just thinking of you. Thanks for that tip. Was going to use 3-M cleaner. It's the best silicone remover I've ever found. Saw your picture of the efi goodies. When will you get the other parts? Did I see somewhere that you have the radio manual PDF? Is it the installation, or the actual electronics repair manual? Bob

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Hi Bob, I wish I had the full radio repair manual. All I have is the GL1200 audio installation manual. If you need it just send an email.

I should get the rest of the EFI components in a few months, hopefully, but, there's still lots to do before I'm ready for those parts.

Vic

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi again, Vic. I have that same manual. I wouldn't mind having the repair manual, but too much money.It's probably 50.00 to 75.00 from Panasonic, if they even still have it.! I've been looking into the GM ecu idea. Looking pretty good, and looks easy to adapt to GW.The 747 ecu, from early 90's Chev pu, or 727 waterproof, for Corvette, appear to be the ticket. Look at this site. He has a manual offer, that can be bought with PayPal. Then with purchase, you get a passsword, username, to get at some more info. http://www.customefis.com/ Also, there's some interesting stuff here. - - - - http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ Check it out, let me know what you think. Bob

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Just called Panasonic today!!!!!!!!!!!!! ordered the repair manual for the rm1100 and it was about $14 with shipping and handling. I will have it here soon.. and I will PDF the thing as soon as I get a new scsi card so my old scanner will work again!

:12ltd:

Marty :cool:

P.S. they told me it would take 3-4 weeks to get here... no longer in print.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

And they're paying over 100.00 on E-Bay?????? incredible!!!

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Good one, Ted. Thanks

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Hope they're of some use. BTW, what do you plan on for fuel return. The carburetor tank doesn't have a return, does it? Might look into a LTD/SEi tank. Have a great weekend. Cheers Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.