Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi lads any help with this 1 please. no 2 with the plug in dead cyl. put the plug on the caseing big fat spark cyl no1 hot. if i pull no 2 plug cap off a little cyl starts to fire put the cap back on its dead

·
Administrator
24,500 Posts
imported post

Try another spark plug.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

What kind of bike is it......year......one of those with the pulse generators? Kit

·
Administrator
24,500 Posts
imported post

Try switching the plug wires to 1 & 2 on the coil. I don't really think it will matter but I do things like that for curiosity. What you describe usually indicates a bad plug,making the spark jump actually increases firing voltage and will make a bad or fouled plug fire sometimes. I have done that on flooded engines to get them started.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I really do not know much about that old a bike.....have never had one.....but a bike is a bike is a bike.....sounds like you have eliminated bad plug.....bad wire.....bad connections. I think you have a bad coil....if spark is not being made......it cannot spark. Kit

·
Administrator
24,500 Posts
imported post

Mornin' Kit, the 4 cyl. wings have 1 coil firing 2 cylinders.
1 fires 1&2 the other fires 3&4, it may have fire leaking from one side of the coil thus the suggestion of switching the wires.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

hi all thanks for the replys yes getting fuel if i just pull the cap off a little bit 2 starts to fire. it was running fine on all 4 on friday .

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

It has to be close.....either the plug or the wire...or a connection. Just because a plug is new....does not mean it is good. Try a plug from the other side of the bike.....switch wires around.....I have also had new wires not be connected inside and not be any good....it has to be close.....and most likely is not the coil if it fires hot on one .......Kit

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

hi kit i got a few days off this week so i give that try tomorrow dam thing doing my head in. mark

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
imported post

You might also try unscrewing the spark-plug boot from the wire, and trimming off 1/4" of wire to get a better connection at the boot... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

hi lads i think i might have nailed it. looking over the coils this morning all seemed good move wires around still no good played with the wires going to the fuse box bike went dead nothing. moved it around some more power back on i think this as been going on a some time i had a lot of smoke that would come and go i going to give my mate a call later to fix the wireing for me. all so as i was wiggleing the wire to the fuse box it blew the main 30 amp fuse out i am hopeing i found whats beenwrong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.