Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello to all! New member here. I'm working on a 82 GL1100 Standard. What are the correct spark plug caps for this model?

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

Yardboy I can't answer your question but someone will come along shortly but Welcome to Goldwingfacts.com!

Hendersonville N.C. Ahaaa yes truly Gods country! The land of Schroader's Honda and Etowah where I attended grade school as a lad.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Hello Bikefix. Yes it is nice here in western nc. Randakk's site said XD05F for 80 and 81 but not for 82. NGK.com lists the XB05FP for the 82 but these are for 14mm plugs. Plugs for an 82 are 12mm.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Charlotte yardboy! Are you looking for a part number for these or where to get them? Paul

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I would cross it to the OEM number of 30700-KR3-670 to make sure you get the correct ohm cap for the coils. The OEM's cost about $10.50 each from hdlparts.com or the NGK's run $7 - $8 each from aftermarket suppliers. I think the Seafoam is 3 - 4 oz in the oil and 1 oz per gallon of gas. Run it a couple hundred miles and drain the oil. Better double check the amount for sure tho.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

I believe you are looking for a NGK XD05F. At least that is what I'm using.:grinner:

That's what honda here crossed it to, right or not it works fine.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thats the number I ordered because thats whats on the bike.The bikeruns good, I just thought after 27 years I'd replace them.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Why don't you run out to the HDL warehouse there in Hendersonville to get them cheaper than at our favorite dealer up there. Terry prices stuff as high as he can sometimes but he's a good dealer and can get you just about anything for any Wing.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Got a reply email from Randakk. He stated that 82 and later GL1100s used resistor plugs and non resistor caps, but NGK made no non resistor caps with the right geometry. Don't know what the effect of running both resistor plugs and caps would be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.