Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I pulled the plugs on my '84 Aspencade yesterday and was rewarded with a nice velvet brown color, no burns and no build up. When I bought the bike I was told the carbs had just been adjusted. I guess they were not kidding.

I showed the plug to someone more experienced in "reading" plugs and he suggested that I mark (on the ceramic) the side of the plug with the open side of the gap. He said that by lining these marks up with the intake ports (a would assume this to be facing the carbs) that I will get an even cleaner burn. He called this "indexing" the plugs.

Will this make any difference?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
You would gain more by going on a diet and losing about 2 pounds.

This is a common racing practice where the slightest edge can win the race for you.

Vic

Hey!

Thats 0.8% of my total body weight (you do the math):D

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Goldwinger1984!

It seems that all my friends have lots of "helpfull" advice on the care and maintainence of my 'wing. I think it is best to run all those "suggestions" through this forum for confirmation prior to actually trying any of them.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

mjpliv wrote:

Hey!

Thats 0.8% of my total body weight (you do the math):D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMMMMMMMM.

Can the bike carry such weight, and still be legally on the road? :cheeky1::action::weightlifter:
:jumper::goofygrin::baffled::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I have to trade in the girl friend for a lighter model (100 pounds or less) so I don't exceed the max gross weight for the bike.

What can I say, I quit smoking and started eating!:shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.