Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on how often do you guys change your plugs on the wing. I have a 95 1500 SE and changed the plugs (NGK) about 45,000 miles ago. I plan to tear the bike down next weekend and do the timing belts, oil, air, fuel filters, water pump, antifreeze and oil change. Im debating on doing the plugs while its apart. What are your guys thoughts on the plug life and being changed while I have it apart?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,
Not sure if they are the iridiums. I can't remember. But I'm thinking for $20 bill I probably should go ahead and change them while its apart. Just called the dealer and they are $3 ea.
Im a little hesitant about belts myself but I have to replace the waterpump. It started to leak at the weep hole so I just got a new one for $146 from cyclemax. Honda wanted $206 for the same exact pump. What a rip off. I printed the step by step process off the forum and will have it close by as I dig into it. Plus I have a wealth of knowledge on here if I run into a issue. Figured while I'm doing the pump I might as well go all the way into it. I have 96000 miles and running original belts. I'm well ovedue for replacing them. Not sure if they were ever changed before I owned it. I have no record of it with the records I did recieve.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it coming from the weep hole or somewhere else?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine doesn't leak much at all. I had to get engine really hot to find the leak. I spent a long time trying to figure it out. I took all the plastic off the front and unplugged the blower fans to get it hot enough to start seeing a very small drop forming at the weep hole. I looked at all the lines and they were fine. It's not easy seeing the weep hole on the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.