Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm gonna put new plug wires on my 1100 I think?? Ordered new plug caps today. Question is??

How does that little rubber cone shaped retainer on the COIL end come off the old wire?? Also does the plug end just push in or out ??

Still havn't found any wire yet. Would like to get yellow or blue wire!! Tried one NAPA store. Also tried Auto-Zone. No go!!

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the plug on the coil has threads and you unscrew it like a nut. i was told that chrysler spirit wires work on bikes or old vw bugs.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I agree with Willian_86. On the plug Pllastic, I spliced mine straight down the center.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the spark pluge connectors are screwed in to the plug wire. do the plug connectors first . than the coil connections .and use a little dielectric grease on the caps and boots , helps things going back to gather .

·
Administrator
26,533 Posts
imported post

I don't think you are going to find any 7mm wire in colors.
The little cone shaped rubber seals on the wires just pull off, there is also a little black hard conical washer between the seal and the cap. I was able to spray WD40 in the rubber covers on the original wires, slip them off and put new wire in them so they looked like original.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

You could look around for braided steel or copper coats & slide your plug wires inside them.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Like everyone says the plug boot screws onto the 7mm wire, and for the coil, once you get the nut and washer on the new wires, just push the wire as far as you can into the coil, then tighten the nut. It does not screw into the coil the same way as the boot does.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

hatchetman wrote:
You could look around for braided steel or copper coats & slide your plug wires inside them.
Good idea!! I'll keep that in mind if I can't find what I want.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

You can also get a numbering set for your plugs at Auto Zone, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Nightrider1

hatchetman wrote:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I found some 7mm copper wires made by Accel at a local auto supplythey come in colors the ones I found were yellow. They are made for cars so it was a kit for an 8 cyl. motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.