Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Getting ready to replace the SP wires on my Aspy. Which have you all used and had good experiences with? I don't want to skimp on these pricewise, but the best value for the dollar is always a good thing.

Thanks for your advice!

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I presume your 1200 is like my 1100. I removed the plug side ends and placed them on a piece of Accel yellow jacket racing wire. Copper core 7 mm. Mail order or most parts stores. I bought a universal set for a V8 I have enough for 3 or 4 more changes. Hope this helps. I have used these now for 2 seasons.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

onmy venture I did away with the resistor leads since almost all plugs are resistor type anymore. I use a good set of autolites for a v6 or as the other guys said a v8 and get 2 sets out of 1. normally run about 25-30 $ a set. You could go to accells, or MSD but any good quality set will work.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

pay attention to the outside diameter of the wire. some are smaller & that will cause moisture issues!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Went with the yellow Accels, bought a good set of resistor plugs and did away with the built in resistor ends on the OEM wires. These are the 7mm Accels.

That should do the trick, yes?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I bought new resistor ends and did the Accell copper core wire change myself and couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Is there any advantage to keeping the resistor leads?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.