Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

how much spark should one see when grounding on engine block? Looking at it now i get 2 very small (size of a hair)blue streaks from ground thang to electrode on all four plugs. Plugs are brown to light brown in color .

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

On the earlier Goldwings, The coil was the culprit for a low spark. It has to have the Exact Spark on all plugs to burn the fuel properly. properly. The gap is also important. On my GL1100, I run it in the center, at 26, not 28. If I were you, I would also do a good carb sync. This would help a lot.
On my GL1100, I was putting in a new choke cable, and I found the breather hose on the right side ws kinked severely, and no air could flow through it. I was getting around 38 to 40 MPG. after I opened the hose, I now get 30 to 32MPG. I got to resync now asap.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

yes carb sync coming real soon .all four plugs are firing the same.floats are dead on @15.5mm,air screws out 11/4 turn(3 turns out and this fouls plugs)Carbs are very clean but still have rich condition out the pipes and mpg not good at all.Was just wondering if i had more spark maybe get better combustion.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

have you tried running some seafoam in the gas.when i first got mine it would run like crap.started running seafoam in gas runs good.around 40-45 miles to the gallon.it wont hurt to give it a try.i put a little in every time i fill up.

alan

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

if your running to rich, I recommend taking it to a shop and having them hook a gas analyzer to the exhaust and have them adjust the pilot screws, thats what I had to do to mine, that 1 and a quarter turn is just a starting point, most likely one carb may be lean the next may be rich etc. im guessing it can be done for around an hour labor, it made a big difference in my bike trust me I know how those exhaust fumes get annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.