Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Heres my question. I replaced my front speakers on my bike yesterday. The right one is distorted. The left one is clear, but the right oneis not correct when I turn it up. That is why I replaced them in the first place. I do have a fader control with rear speakers that the previous owner installled. These are replacement speakers from Cyclemax. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Swap the two speakers and see if the problem moves.
If it moves, you have a bad speaker.
If it doesn't move, you either have a bad amp channel in the radio or a bad fader control.
If it is a bad amp, the distorted side will be the same front and back but under certain conditions, the fader could do that too.
Surest way is to unplug the fader control and plug the amp directly to the front speakers.
If the problem doesn't go away, then swap the two fronts again and see if the problem moved. If it didn't, it's the amp.
In which case contact:

http://sierra-mc.com about repairs.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, I will try swaping them out and see what I come up with. The rear right one is fine.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Problems solved. I replaced the fader switch and the spaekers sound great now. Thanks to all who replied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.