Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a stupid question but i blew a front speaker on my 88 1500. Do i have to remove the complete cover up there or are the speaker covers snap in? does that make any sense?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
The whole dash/instruments over has to come off. Mirrors, ignition cover first and then loosen up the windshield.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
Here is where you are going

You gotta get into it quite a ways...

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
It can be done without removing your windshield and radio top cover...just have to be careful and go easy. Hardest part is removing the louvers on the dash cover. Then the speakers are accessable. You might just want to consider changing lights in the speedo/tach to LED's since you have it torn apart! don't want to have to do it again!

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
How did you get the blue color? And your dashlights are bright! What LED's did you go with? Looks great!!! jimsjinx

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Heres a couple pics of my dash also blue, they are 194 style bulbs, i used a 4 led blue bulb for main dash lights...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
This whole write-up is great! We should gather up all this thread, and related pics, and put it all in the tips section. (maybe already done?) Anyway, nice work you guys! And thanks for the time spent!! The only LED's I have installed, are the right and left headlamps on either side of the main headlight. The ones I bought from Flea-Bay, were about 3/32" too long, and they get hot enough to melt the little hexagon refractor!!! I caught it before it destroyed the one on the left side, but it would have melted beyond use if I hadn't. I didn't realize how hot they can get!!!! jimsjinx

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
My led in my dash do not get hot. You can remove the film on the regular stock bulbs for the dash clusterdo, but y not use blue or whatever color u want led's which will last longer too...Jimsjinx..I also bad that issue with 13led bulbs for those running lights, I switched em down to a 5led bulb and no heat issues at all that way...

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
This whole write-up is great! We should gather up all this thread, and related pics, and put it all in the tips section. (maybe already done?) Anyway, nice work you guys! And thanks for the time spent!! The only LED's I have installed, are the right and left headlamps on either side of the main headlight. The ones I bought from Flea-Bay, were about 3/32" too long, and they get hot enough to melt the little hexagon refractor!!! I caught it before it destroyed the one on the left side, but it would have melted beyond use if I hadn't. I didn't realize how hot they can get!!!! jimsjinx
Here are some links to anothr Goldwing Site that has everything documented on how to change to LED's

Good "How to" documents on this site:
Controls
http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9667

Dash lights
http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewto...p?f=14&t=10998

Saddlebags

http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewto...p?f=14&t=11057

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.