Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What Speakers woudl you guys recommend for my 1983 Aspencade?
The stockers are OLD as hell and sound well, crappy! lol

·
IBA Member
373 Posts
imported post

Click on this ---------> http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/70088.html . This has been debated back and forth. I'm waiting for a set of Pioneer 1072 speakers to come in from buy.com. Dennis swears by his wally world specials. I guess it's all about how much you're willing to spend. Plenty of 4" 4 ohm speakers out there but the power of the deck driving them will matter as well. Good luck!

·
IBA Member
373 Posts
imported post

Sorry tg, I may be a little off. Just noticed you have an 83' 1100. That probably has the clarion system so I don't know if a regular set of 4" speakers will fit. Someone else with a bike that year may offer up some advice.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Kefltrvlr2 wrote:
Sorry tg, I may be a little off. Just noticed you have an 83' 1100. That probably has the clarion system so I don't know if a regular set of 4" speakers will fit. Someone else with a bike that year may offer up some advice.
I have the Clarion system and they do take the 4" speakers. I have the Wally World 3 way speakers and they are slightly too big. I would think any 2 way speaker would fit though.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I have had great experience with Infinity and Polk. Polk speakers are excellent sound quality and all their speakers are produced as marine grade quality (you can put them in a boat because of their water resistance). Infinity are also superb quality. They offer speakers that run on 2.7(Reference) and 2.0(kappa) ohms. The smaller impedance allows the power from your existing radio system to be more greatly utilized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.