Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

One speaker playing on the 1200. I installed the factory radio and CB in a 1200 Interstate that did not come stock. Everything was used. Now and then I get the right speaker working. I purchased a couple of power amps and thinking one was the problem installed the other with the same results. Think sending the radio out to sierra may be the ticket?:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

I think you are on the right track .Because I have several radios and one does not play out of both speakers all the time unless I have the volume and a certain level . But the others play just fine at any level . So it could be the volume control of of whack :?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

i would try hooking up some other speakers temp to find out if its the power amp or maybe just bad speaker connections or a bad speaker

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yep I tried all of that. Probably should send her out to sierra anyway just to have them go through it.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

If your suspect speaker and wiring connections check ok.,
try spraying some contact cleaner into the volume and balance controls before you do the sierra thing.
Dirty control pots are the usual culprits with intermittant speaker output.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Neo racer suggested I pull the radio out and clean the contacts and shove her back in..It appears to have done the trick both working now. I should have learned on the connection deal I had with other gremlins.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Bypass the auto volume control or just give it a good smack. Hammer verification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.