Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakers - New or Not?

450 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hatchetman 
#1 ·
imported post

I'm riding an 89 Wing. Under normal conditions, I almost always use the speakers in my helmet.

However, last week, I had a wireing problem with one of my cords that connects to my helmet. In as much, I used my faring speakers. For some reason, they just don't seem healthy. I don't know how long speakers are supposed to last or what would signal the need to change them. I mean, I still get sound out of them. Just not the quality that I'd like to have.

Any thoughts on the above?

Finally, IF I decide to change them out, is one brand better over another? Are they all waterproof? Yes, I do get caught in an occasional down pour.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

Do you have to turn it up alot to hear them? Sometimes the speakers can be good but you might just need an amp to drive them. Some wings had amps as part of the sound package b ut Im not sure if they all did.

If you have no amp, you can get a horrible sound caused by deck distortion. The deck is pushing too much power to the speakers & the quality is what suffers. If you are looking at new speakers, You should check around for good prices on wet weather ones. You might find a deal at a marina or your local buy & sell under boating accy's.

#3 ·
imported post

It's not paticularly the volume that's an issue. It's more of a "tinny" sound if that makes any sense. The bass is not too bass. I have been looking at some speakers sold by WingStuff but again, I'm just not savey enough to know a good wing speaker from a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.