Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know what size the speakers are that mount in the fearing?Im thinking there 4 inch but before i buy any i want to know there 4 inch.

Thanks

Pat

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

I use 4" round 150w speakers but have oval shaped, I think, 6" grills to replace the stock covers.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guy's;)I do still need to get grills. Im gonna go looking around at a couple salvage yards this weekend hoping to find speaker grills.

Pat

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pat, if I remember you had a 1200I? The speakers are 4" round as the guys said. If you buy regular car speakers you might want to spray them with some clear spray to waterproof the cones since they will be somewhat exposed to the weather. Marine speakers are a good bet too. If you are looking for the OEM Honda speaker covers, the four sided jobs, they are pricey and somewhat hard to find. The main reason is that they had a tendency to blow off and get lost. If your bike has the Honda blank panels covering where the speakers go you might do just as well to drill a nice pattern of 1/8" holes in the face of them. They do come up on eBay once in awhile, I bought a pair for almost $40 last year for my SEI.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

I had a set of Pioneer Titanium & Magnesium fitted a good while back and the bike has sat outside for over a year with no trouble (apart from when one of them physically froze this winter...!). Sony do a pair that are made out of some polycarb material.

Has anyone fitted a separate amplifier or bass unit?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Paul: I was at work last night thinking and came up with the same idea you have. Im just gonna drill the ones i have now. Should work great and save a few bucks!

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.