Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I only plan on riding my wing in the warm months. The coldest it might see would be something like 40F and that would be rare. Which plugs would you recommend?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:
I only plan on riding my wing in the warm months. The coldest it might see would be something like 40F and that would be rare. Which plugs would you recommend?
Heat range for spark plugs really doesn't have much to do with ambient temperature, it's more to do with the engine's combustion chamber, valve timing, grade of fuel, etc. If what you have in your bike now are working okay for you, that's the ones you should use.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:
sanfelice, an air cooled engine can benefit from slightly hotter plugs in real cold weather but the Wing is water cooled with a thermostat so the engine operating temperature remains pretty constant year round. I ride my 1200 year round & that includes weeks straight at very low ambient temps & all I use is stock heat range spark plugs, those plugs don't carbon up or fuel foul & last for years.

SO, I would suggest just using the spark plugs recommended in your operators manual or a same heat range Platinum replacement.

Twisty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.