1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
57,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
We had one here in Fl recently that went to county enforcement for the same reasons. It had been known as a speed trap for as long as I can recall. It was so bad the AAA had posted billboards just out of the city limits as warnings.
I think now days though that many use the patrol car as a rolling cash register. Its easy to get some cash flow to the city/county coffers. Less work than then actually following leads and catching criminals .
Quite a few towns around have now gone to traffic light cameras as well . Don't need to work at all , just send a bill in the mail.

·
Registered
599 Posts
There was a recent vote here in Arlington, Texas to remove all traffic light cameras.
Several other cities around have done the same.
Don't know how they got it on the ballot, but glad they did.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
When I was in the Military there was a place near one of the bases where the speed limit was 55 until you got to the top of the hill. Then there was a sign saying 25 and a cop with a radar gun. They wrote thousands of tickets before one of the base commanders promised to make the town off limits. Well the money they made on tickets didn't even come close to what they made selling food and alcohol to the GI's so the 25 MPH sign just disappeared one day never to be seen again.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
In PA, only State Troopers are authorized to use Radar Guns. Seems the state legislature doesn't want the local cops to use traffic tickets as a revenue generator. Funny thing is though, the local cops want to use all the new toys that the Troopers use. I wonder why?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.