Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys:

Got my bike back from the shop and i had the fork oil replaced (among other things) and when I was driving over the next few days I noticed that the bike wanted to slightly wobble at highway speed maybe 80 - 100 km/s which is quite nerve racking because it never did that before.

So I went back to mechanic and talked to him, he didn't see anything wrong with tires. We adjusted the tracking on it, I played with different air shock settings and still the same subtle wobble.

any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
imported post

this could be a complete red herring but you never know
I had a speed wobble on my bike with no idea from where but due to other circumstances I had to change my fork seals this last weekend and on stripping front wheel discovered that the axle bolt was quite easy to undo after the clamps had been removed, when we came to rebuild, it would have been impossible for one person to hold wheel and still torque up the axle bolt to its 42 ft/lbs.
I had the bike out yesterday and the speed wobble appears to have gone, I just wonder if your mechanic hasn't got the axle tight enough before he clamped it
Just a thought

Regards rob

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

interesting, I will ask him that. But I dont think he removed the front tire, I think he just went through the top of the fork. But I will ask.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.