Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been wanting to flush the brake and clutch lines for a while now. I figured while I was there I would give the speedbleeders a try.......

Man those things work great and just as advertised.:readit:

I replaced all the bleeder assemblies on the bike with them and it took less time to flush the systems than it took to get to the calipers.........

I now have clean fresh fluid in the brakes and clutch. The old amber colored fluid is long gone........

Just my opinion, these speedbleeders were the best 28 bucks I have spent in a while..... I will be using them on my other vehicles.....:applause:

Here is a link to them....

http://speedbleeder.com/

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

They are nice.:applause:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Yep I got them on my wing and it makes changing out fluids a lot easier now. I will have them on all my vehicles now.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Yep I got them on my wing and it makes changing out fluids a lot easier now. I will have them on all my vehicles now.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have a couple hundred bucks worth of them, and plan to buy more. I just installed 4 of them on the Goldwing, and have them on both my old cars as well. And I got the expensive stainless steel ones. One of the big issues I have always had with brake connections, especially on cars, are how soft and easily deformed the fittings are.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

They make them soft so any damage is contained on the zerk. A lot cheaper than replacing a caliper.

I have a power bleeder I enjoy. Just changed a master on a VW and bled the whole system. Probably the first time in 30 years on that truck.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have had 3 VW bugs (air cooled) and they had the cheesiest brake system I have ever seen, not just the bleeder screws, but where the lines connected to the master cylinder and wheel cylinders, and where the short rubber lines connected to the metal lines. I used high dollar flare nut wrenches on them, and still deformed them. I finally got a small pair of vise grips and clamped those down on the flare nut wrench, so there was absolutely no play between the wrench and fitting. I now do that on all car fittings to begin with.

The problem with the bleeder screws being so soft, is if they get stuck, it is very easy to twist them off, leaving the threads in the caliper.

There is no job I hate doing on a car worse than working on a hydraulic brake system, due to the metallic putty the fittings are made of. I finally bought a flare tool, and a big box of fittings. Most older cars already have their brake line fittings chewed up. I noticed the 1200 has the same fittings on the rear master cylinder. I hope I will be be able to get my visegrips in there.

I have a MityVac I thought was nice, but SpeedBleaders have it beat by a mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.