Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeding Ticket

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Scooter 7 
#1 ·
imported post

Got stopped on the service road at the start of the on ramp to the interstate in Baton Rouge, LA this past saturday. Was running 68 in a 45 and DID NOT get a ticket.

Luck, skill or just plain ol BS, I got out of it.

#2 ·
imported post

got to be skill. I know you didn't shed a tear to get out the ticket:D:D:D

My lovely wife, has shet a tear everytime she's been stopped and not gotten a ticket. I think that's happened 4 times in the last 15 years. got to love here:clapper::clapper:

#3 ·
imported post

kips wrote:
Got stopped on the service road at the start of the on ramp to the interstate in Baton Rouge, LA this past saturday. Was running 68 in a 45 and DID NOT get a ticket.

Luck, skill or just plain ol BS, I got out of it.
You're lucky! How about giving me 6 of your favorite numbers between 1 & 50.

#4 ·
imported post

It was the bike....had to be the bike........ ANYONE from Texas stopped in Louisiana and NOT get a ticket..... not enough BS in congress to get outta that one

#5 ·
imported post

You were lucky the cop wasn't a motorcycle cop on a harley:cheeky1::cheeky1:

#6 ·
imported post

would have to say lucky! as I was not lucky thanksgiving day and recieved a 173..00 ticket 71 in a 55 not sure I doing that either but hard to argue with a police officer when their departments are getting less funds so I have to assume my little 173 helped the county out :shock:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

#7 ·
imported post

Consider them a badge of honor, or shame. Which ever one you want.

My last one was New Years Eve three years ago this coming holiday. Wasn't no arguing or pleading. I'll always blame Nancy for that one. :D

The wolf pack was eating everyone alive on I75 in Pasco county. The airplane was doing the clocking and the troopers on the ground handing out the awards.

$202.00, thankyou very much. 88 in a 70 they claim. :baffled:

#8 ·
imported post

I guess we all have our lucky days:cool:

Last year on I-90 in Montana I was doing a nice steady 95, no traffic anywhere. I saw a chopper way up ahead, figured it was a crop duster, so, kept on rollin'.

Came up to the crest of a rise a couple of miles further on when the chopper just came up out of a hollow and hovered over the road looking straight at me. I assume it was LE, I was too busy getting back to 75 to take a close look.

So, I think I was lucky that day:jumper:

#9 ·
imported post

The one thing I did find out, if the "bird of Prey" is in the air and you get pulled over, you get the prize:shock:I was told by a couple of the pilotsI know here, that if they are paying the fuel to put them in the air, there is no getting out of the ticket!

#10 ·
imported post

The only speeding ticket I ever received was back in 1975 if I'm not mistaken!

Last ticket I received was for passing a stopped school bus.
The bus made it's normal stop and I could see the stop sign going in but then it stopped again before making a left turn across the traffic. This is on a two-lane highway mind you. I hit my brakes and slid past the bus before it came to a complete stop and decided to just go on since I was past the bus but a MS State Trooper that was in line behind the bus thought otherwise. He made a u-turn and chased me down.

To make along story short, I was charged with illegal passing and not passing a stopped school bus which was wrote on the ticket!
Twenty dollar fine with another 23 dollars in fees attached to it!
Never have seen that Sheriff's Library that 10 dollars of that went to!

That ticket was 11 years ago.

#11 ·
imported post

I'm going on almost three years since the last. It was Jan 2006. I was on the Trophy 1200, and I was cited for 88 in a 70.

The officer on a BMW R1150-RTP had followed me, at speeds up to 105 before pulling me over.

In any case, he was decent, civil, and not only did his job but gave me a good break as well.

#12 ·
imported post

I know it takes some of the steam out of the blame game, but as a LEO, I've never been pressured or even had it implied to me by the bossesthat I was to write tickets to generate revenue; only writtenas a means of enforcing laws. Furthermore, quotas are specifically outlawed in MN. I could write 0 or 1000 tickets and I will still get paid and keep my job. It is a little disappointing that they aren't giving away free toasters as incentives anymore, but oh well. :baffled:

Be safe out there!

#13 ·
imported post

Rupert wrote:
I know it takes some of the steam out of the blame game, but as a LEO, I've never been pressured or even had it implied to me by the bossesthat I was to write tickets to generate revenue; only writtenas a means of enforcing laws. Furthermore, quotas are specifically outlawed in MN. I could write 0 or 1000 tickets and I will still get paid and keep my job. It is a little disappointing that they aren't giving away free toasters as incentives anymore, but oh well. :baffled:

Be safe out there!
I don't see any reason for us speeding to whine or cry. We were doing it and if we get the ticket, oh well.

I don't blame you LEO's for doing your job either. You've got a hard enough job already with out us being obnoxious taxpayers. :D

But now I will have to give the majority of the a hard time for the P-P job they are doing at REDLIGHTS.

That is where the most of us take our chances and that's where I've seen too many local's sit and watch four or five cars go thru the turn after it has gone past yellow into red and I have the green. :baffled:

#14 ·
imported post

Just so I'm not talking from a high horse (mine has much shorter legs), I got a (much deserved) ticket when I was a 10 foot tall and bullet proof teen. My only question at the time was how do I pay the fine.

#16 ·
imported post

Haven't gotten a ticket since we had that silly national 55mph hoax program.

English Bob's story however reminds me of a night trip down the I5 central valley pass going to LA. Pressing the GL1000 to keep up with a couple of cars and paying little attention to the speedo needle pounding against the stop. I notice the ground around me began undulating in a crazy wave like pattern then turned blood red. Looking over my left shoulder I saw the bottom of the helichopter with it's rotating cherry. I dropped down hard watching it pass over my head off towards the cars. Form a distance I could see the cars light up but they continued for a while. Aboth fifteen minutes later I came up to the cars stopped with a CHiP car and the helichopter. I rode by fully expecting to have to stopped but all they did was watch me pass.

Hey mark3, I had a friend back in collage that got a speeding ticket while using a riding mower on the street between his houses!

#17 ·
imported post

Rupert wrote:
Furthermore, quotas are specifically outlawed in MN.
First of all, thank you for your service. I know you have a mostly thankless job, but I appreciate what you do.:clapper:

Second, the non-quota thing is not the same everywhere, at least in principle. While quotas as such are not allowed in many places, a lot of places use the number of tickets written as part of the employee review process, assuming they are not doing their job if they haven't written enough tickets. One of my brothers is a local officer, so I know this from a reliable source. :)

John

#18 ·
imported post

A recently retired state trooper out here used to patrol a very busy intersection of 2 freeways. He was interviewed by the local paper, and they asked him how he decided to stop speeders, if there was some rule he used, since you obviously can't stop EVERYONE exceeding the 65mph speed limit. He said "71 is good clean fun. 72, and I'll bust you." He was very quick to add that the new trooper might well strictly enforce 65!

I wish I'd known that 10 years ago!

#19 ·
imported post

Reitzclean wrote:
got to be skill. I know you didn't shed a tear to get out the ticket:D:D:D

My lovely wife, has shet a tear everytime she's been stopped and not gotten a ticket. I think that's happened 4 times in the last 15 years. got to love here:clapper::clapper:
Quite a few of my friends are Law Enforcement Officers. Every one of them will give the maximum ticket to any woman that lets the tears start flowing. they know that 9 out of 10 times it is an act. I was riding with one buddy when this cage driving female gets pulled over, she did the tear thing and was informed that she would recieve her ticket. She almost got tazered when she got out of the car and started yelling and screaming and getting stupid.

#20 ·
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
You were lucky the cop wasn't a motorcycle cop on a harley:cheeky1::cheeky1:
I got nabbed once by "Evel Knievel" on a Kaw 1000 - I was on BMW. Clear cut case. 70 something in 55. But by the time he wrote the ticket he had decided to give me a break.

He then informed me to wait and call for a court date towards the end of the deadline - reason was he was retiring to Florida and he wouldn't be there to testify. I did and it worked - we have the right to confront our accuser and he was 1,500 miles away working on his tan.

My lucky day 20 years or so ago - amazing thing is, I haven't gotten a ticket since.

#21 ·
imported post

morram wrote:
Hey mark3, I had a friend back in collage that got a speeding ticket while using a riding mower on the street between his houses!
We had a local gentleman whoearned himself a DWI on a riding mower in the middle of winter a few years back.

#22 ·
imported post

my neighbor is a cop in town & even though quotas are illegal in NJ the department has a "production standard" that they use to determine if the cop is working hard enough or slacking off. the good thing with him is it doesn't matter the $ on the offence just the fact he wrote a ticket of some sort, so if your cool & have a decent record he'll give you a non point or down grade the points 1 level so he meats his "production standard" but you don't get totally f-ed on insurance. if your a problem he'll hit you with everything & say go ahead & fight it. he gets called in off the road if the court is during his normal shift & if it's a day off he gets 4 hours time & a half even though he is usually done in an hour & if he is totaly unavailable ahead of time like a schedualed vacation they will reschedual the court date for when he is around.

#23 ·
imported post

Brought back a long past memory. Back in 1985?? I was riding west in S. Dakota about a half mile from the Wyoming line. Got stopped for doing 70 (55mph limit then). After getting the ticket I took off and about a half mile into Wyoming I got stopped again doing 70. Anybody see conspiracy here? Damned radios. Anyway got another ticket but never paid either of them. Hmm? Wonder if they keep records that long.

#24 ·
imported post

Dingdong...I wouldn't be surprised if that comes back to haunt you. I have several friends that have been nailed LOOOONG afterward, then you get to pay the fine, the points AND the interest!
Also, around here...when you pay a fine (for anything!!) save the receipt till you die!!
I had paid a fine, then 10 years later gotten a summons for not having paid the fine! If you have no receipt....you get to pay it again!!
They don't call this place Rogues Island for nuttin'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.