Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While putting everything back together on the bike in anticipation of it running...I noticed that the speedo cable isn't connected to anything...it's attached at the gauge itself, but there'e just a rubber boot at the other end...where does it go? I've looked all over the bike and the clymer's manual and can't seem to find it.:stumped:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

depending on your modle, there should be a spade type speedo-drive just out-board of the left-side offront wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
depending on your modle, there should be a spade type speedo-drive just out-board of the left-side offront wheel.
Yep, goes into the "Speedo Drive" by the forks on the front wheel, usually on the left when sitting on bike but some 1000 models had it on the right?:baffled:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Did you forget to put the speedo drive back on the wheel? :headbanger:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Did you forget to put the speedo drive back on the wheel? :headbanger:
so.... to answer the question of where it goes....

Santa was having a REALLY tough day. Production was behind, the elves were striking, mrs claus was wearing purple and in one of those moods...
just then an angel arrived with the Chritmas tree and asked.... "where would you like me to stick this..."

and that is why there is an angel on top of Christmas trees until this day...:doh:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow, now I know what a "Double E Engineer" does with his spare time! I would have never figured out the "Christmas Tree/Angel thing !:clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

It will be hard to think about anything else when I put an angel on a tree from now on! :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

so I have this really bizarre sense of humour that just cannot pass up lines like "so where does it go?":cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Shooter wrote:
depending on your modle, there should be a spade type speedo-drive just out-board of the left-side of front wheel.
Yep, goes into the "Speedo Drive" by the forks on the front wheel, usually on the left when sitting on bike but some 1000 models had it on the right?:baffled:

Yeah, mine was on the right hand side...go figure? No biggie at all...the old cable head was busted out in there so I undid the screw, pulled out the old one, put the new one in and ran the screw back in...now I just have to get the thing runing to see if it works :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Just lift the front wheel off the ground and spin it. If the speedo needle jumps a bit then its a good omen.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

What are they feeding you over in Liverpool? :weightlifter:If you can hold the bike up and spin the wheel, you're abetter man than I! :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

yes, they are strong in liverpool.... george, paul, john, ringo.. gerry and the pasemakers... so ferry cross the mercy...

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Me either Wingdawg... Whew!!! You guys are amazing.. Wait till I tell my kids...:weightlifter: I'll be a hero!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Wow, now I know what a "Double E Engineer" does with his spare time! I would have never figured out the "Christmas Tree/Angel thing !:clapper:
Sorry Dawg but that was the good doctors sense of humour. He is much better with Anatomical humour then any of us Engineers are. Besides we don't have spare time we Multi Task. Thats what it is called when you hide the Steve Saunders goldwing page behind an Circuit board Schematic.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
Sorry Dawg but that was the good doctors sense of humour. He is much better with Anatomical humour then any of us Engineers are. Besides we don't have spare time we Multi Task. Thats what it is called when you hide the Steve Saunders goldwing page behind an Circuit board Schematic.
come to think of it... a speedo cable sheath does look much the same as the scope used for a colonoscopy... hmmmmmmmm:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow I'll have to foward this info to "Katie Couric"!:goofygrin::clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow I'll have to forward this info to "Katie Couric"!

Maybe she can team up with "Honda' and save the working man alot of money by using a "Speedo drive" and "cable" for her "Colonoscopy" campaign!:goofygrin::clapper:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.