Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys.

I have a BN Mechanical converter for sale. this fits onto the top of the speedo cable and screws into the speedo itself. It converts the kph reading into mph instead. (so instead of reading 100kph your speedo will show 60 as in mph)

I had this fitted to my wing for the last year or so and it worked great. I only took it of as I got the chance to change the speedo face with a member on here (Narced) when I was out in Australia for my hols last year.

Just thought I'd offer it up here for sale first before I put it on fleabay.

Drop me a pm if interested. Item located in Inverness, Scotland but could post wherever for the cost of the postage. Can accept paypal if needed.

gogs

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Do you know if this is specifically for the 1500 or will it work on any model of Wing that was showing KPH as the primary reading?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think it will work on any make of bike or model of wing just as long as the threads are the same m8. It had been on my goldwing 1500 and I had it on another Honda for a couple of weeks before that and it worked on them both.

It appears to be a mechanical gearing mechanism that reduces the needle reading from showing say 100kph as an example to actually show 60kph which is the mph equivalent.

It makes it far easier to read as i could read the white kph markings on the wing speedo easily but I could barely make out the small blue mph reading.

It measures just over 2 inches in length with the actual gear body 7/8th of an inch in diameter. The end that screws into the speedo head has a speedo cable type end that locates into the speedo drive gear. The other end that you attach the speedo cable to, has a slot for the cable end to go into to drive the mechanism.

If you need a photo of it pm me your email addy and I'll get one sent out.

Gordie

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I am not after one myself personally Gordie, I was only generalising, if someone else were interested.

Does the change affect the recorded mileage counter or does it somehow differentiate between that and the speedo?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It hasn't appeared to have made any difference to mine at all. The readings i get from runs appears to be same as the mileage covered.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

One thing you haven't mentioned, the all important question, how much wonga do you want for it? ( Scottish or English £££££'s:cheeky1:)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

£16 Scottish or English. I don't make a difference in the exchange rate at all, unlike some places south of the border.

I'll even make that include postage to the UK.For abroad it will have to include a bit more although not sure at the moment how much but it will be at cost less what I would have spent on UK postage. Can't say fairer than that.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
imported post

Pm sent

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

SOLD to koxx4 Thanks to the others for the interest.

Gordie

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Any chance of some commision? :cool::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I'll let you buy me a pint at the meet & greet m8. that should be commission enough for you....lol

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

gogs11uk wrote:
I'll let you buy me a pint at the meet & greet m8. that should be commission enough for you....lol
:doh::cool::cheeky1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.