Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(Any suggestions on the speedo drive at the rim? The cable itself works. Tested with variable speed drill and get the mph needle to move. The tab however coming out of the drive at the rim does not move as tire is spinning. Bad drive right? Dealer wants $130.00 and another dealer $70.00 for this drive. I do not have any alternatives do I?

Just bite the bullet and have it changed? Apreciate any and all feed back. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Before you go and spend the cash on the drive, you should remove the wheel and check that it's not just a broken tab (the part that actually engages the $130 drive). These break sometimes.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Don't know if you fixed this yet but if not, there should be a plastic gear inside the speedo hub. The tab brakes off. Order one from Honda, pull out the old one and clean it up. Put some hi temp grease around the gear and reinstall it. Not too much grease, a light packing.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

Had the same happen to be on my 86 1200 asp it was the speed sender $180do you have any MC junk yard around you that might one.

I rebuite my old 78 GL 1000 from from a junk yard after I got hit

GOOD LUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.