Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does any one know how to fix a 1983 110 wing spedo It just stoped working. The bike has a sensor on front wheel. Is this the problem??

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Most likely is... but I would check and maybe clean sensor first and clean connections

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I will try that. My rpm gage is still working. Is the rpm gage run by cabel? Thanks Jimmy

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Is the odometer still working? And the trip meter?

The tachometer uses a different system.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

On the 83 Aspencade, the tach has an electronic signal seperate from your speedometer.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the 83 aspencade uses a electric signal for the speedo gage. its the little black box on the front axle on the left side with a wire running up the fork. most of the time the its the tangs on the plastic drive that wares out or gets broken off. that part from honda is no longer available . a used one is getting hard to find too.
the tack is run off the right cam from the fuel pump housing by cable. hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

thank you for the feed back. Does the tack on an 83 wing come from the front wheel or some place else?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yes this helps a whole lot I may have to go to Ebay to find a new sending unit for the speedo. If any one else reads this maybe they may know of a good used spedo unit. Thanks Jimmyman1

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Odomter and trip meter both do not work along with the electric speedo reading

My wing is a 83 aspencade with all the bells and wilsels. To much stuff to go wrong.

The latest thing is i get a front wheel shimmy going around corners I have to use the front brake to stop the shimmy. I have new tires on front and back. I,m wondering if the front is the wrong tread?

Jimmyman !

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

New tires on the front and the speedo stopped working? Could this be related?
Perhaps the sending unit was knocked out of adjustment?

I don't think that the tread pattern would cause a wobble. Perhaps it wasn't balanced
properly. Air pressure at the high 30's. Check the sidewalls of the tire and see if it
looks like it's centered on the rim.

The tire should also have an arrow on it to show the correct direction of rotation. Has
the fork oil been changed recently? You may want to put a jack under the motor - with
a block of wood in between - and jack up the front so that the wheel can spin freely. It
won't spin fast but you may be able to see if the assembly is out-of-round.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks for the quick reply. I,m going to take the bike back to the dealer and have hime check it out I will include feed back from the forum. Will give a up date soon
Thanks Jimmyman1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.