Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It is a beauty of a day here so after getting all the honey do chores done, I finally remembered to grab my GPS and go for a run.

I finally decided to attack the valve clatter-other threads, and I sort of calibrated my speedo/odo

At 90 kmh on clock GPS says 86kmh about a 4% overread

At 9.5 kms on clock GPS says 9.2 kms about a 4% overread

So if that is anywhere near correct, my wing, which shows 126,000 on the odo, really has only 121.000kms, or about 72,000 mi. Whooopie

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I don't have a GPS yet... But by using the mile markers on the freeway, I check the odometer against the mile markers, and after traveling 20 miles by the markers, I had clicked of 19.5 on the odometer. So I guess I am off by 2.5%.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

The powers that be here just "fixed" the mile markers for I-15 through the state. Somewhere along the middle of the state they "left our" 3 miles. Jumped from something like 218 to 221. Now all the markers and signage have been updated and I get off at a new exit number. I wonder how many mapmakers this impressed...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

gaswing wrote:
I wonder how accurate the mile markers are? :waving:
If you timed a mile several times at different milepostsit most likely would tend to average out errors to a great extent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.