Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Has anyone out there installed a speedohealer on an 1800abs? I have installed them on all my Hondas. I have used the plug and play kits. I need to know where the speedometer connector harness is so I can plug in the Healer.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
Hey Mike!

What's a Speedohealer? :stumped:

Bob :11grey:
A speedOhealer is an electronic device that has thousands of combinations of dip settings. It will adjust any electronic speedometer to read correctly. I have installed one in everybike I have owned for the last ten years. My VTX was off by 10.02%. That means that when I am doing seventy mph I am really doing about 63mph. Also when you have 10,000 miles on the bike you really have about 9,000. They work so well that I even got our local Honda dealer to sell them. They will also changeUS to metric. Simple to install easy to set and you can make your speedometer 100% dead on. Mike

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Thanks Mike. I had no idea they existed! There have been several members asking about converting miles to kilometers and speedometer error recently.

One of these days I'll get my wife to pace me in our Crown Vic P71 (ex police car) and check my speedo. The speedo in that car is certified at 2% error or less. Judging by the traffic around me on the way to/from work I think it's pretty close. I went by one of those "YOUR SPEED IS" signs once and it read 24MPH when my speedo read 25MPH.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

After I installed my healer on my daughters VTX we had one of our cop customers check us with his radar gun and when we were doing 60mph his machine read 60mph. He told us he very seldom saw a speedometer read that close. At the honda dealer they had a guy who brought his bike from canada and they put the healer on and with one switch it changed the read to mph. It is also good for people who go to different size tires. If you ever want to see one stop by the shop.

ps it also keeps track of the fastest speed you have driven.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

mike149 wrote:
Now thatWOULD be fun! :cooldevil:

I'll stop and check it out. Not sure when. Heavy schedule for the next couple of weeks. If it's like last time it'll be 65-80 hours/week, and I just found a HUGE knot on my rear tire!I'll be taking the cage for the next couple of weeks unless I can mange to leave early one day to get a new tire. :X

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
mike149 wrote:
Now thatWOULD be fun! :cooldevil:

I'll stop and check it out. Not sure when. Heavy schedule for the next couple of weeks. If it's like last time it'll be 65-80 hours/week, and I just found a HUGE knot on my rear tire!I'll be taking the cage for the next couple of weeks unless I can mange to leave early one day to get a new tire. :X

So whats your problem is it a slip knot? :DAnywho look at all that money you'll be makin.:goofygrin:I do hope you can get it fixed but more than likely you'll need to replace it. That means you will have to go to the stealer, I mean dealer. Have fun!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I've used my GPS unit to get my speed and I'm riding a little slower than indicated, enough that I'm interested in this too. The site says it works on all Honda's with electronic speed sensor but didn't list my old "85 Aspencade on it; just listed later model 'Wings.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I still have not remembered to take along my GPS for a speed check. But it occured to me the other day to note my RPM at 70 mph.(I used MPH for you all) If I recall correctly, it was at exactly 3400 rpm, in OD of course. Any other 84 aspys out there ever take a reading?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.