Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When the motorcycle is cold, the speedometer stops working, a few seconds later the F1 light comes on, the bike begins to run rough and the radio's volume decreases. I have taken it to a Honda shop where they had it all day and can't find the problem. If I let itwarm up for approximately 20 minutes before I drive it, the problem goes away. Need help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

This is a Jim Dandy. All I can do is make an intelligent guess.

Speedo sensor would be a first possibility.

The speedo, fuel, and auto volume of the radio all run through the main meter panel and if the fuel circuit is experiencing a short, hence the rough idle for a bit.

Let me think about this one , but I think I would first check the main large pin connectors to the actual meter itself. If loose just slightly or not making contact properly, it is quite possible that as the bike warms and the motor heat rises for the pin connector to expand enough to make proper contact. As all you have described has to do with the meter panel, I would check those first.

Check those and make sure they are firmly plugged in, pain to get to and you will need a manual to show you how to get to them .

Ask the shop to check it........there is a pin connector at some point not making proper contact, and the heat of the engine is expanding it and then it works till it cools down.

This is just a guess on my part, but the best I can do for the moment.

Kit

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
imported post

While checking the plugs, make sure one of the pins hasn't backed out of the plug.

mike

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Jim, got my bike back and it turned out to be the speedomter sensor. Bike working great, Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

buddy0230 wrote:
Jim, got my bike back and it turned out to be the speedomter sensor. Bike working great, Thanks for the help

Thanks for the tip.

Just changed out the air cleaner and the radio didn't work on reassembly. New what the problem was after remembering the thread about PLUGGING IN THE ANTENNA.

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Longboater wrote:
Thanks for the tip. 

Just changed out the air cleaner and the radio didn't work on reassembly.  New what the problem was after remembering the thread about PLUGGING IN THE ANTENNA.
[/quote]

Yeah, that gets done a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the best winger site Ron.
Longboater,

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

corventure wrote:
Longboater..
I really like the "Sub-Woofer" you have hanging on the side of your Wing! chuckle chuckle
Yah, well they're not for everyone, but are handy for loading heavy stuff around town and really great for long trips up north and such.

Longboater,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.