Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

the cable buzzes on my 1984 goldwing, so I removed it, and cleaned it , and relubed the cable, the noise comes back after about four months or so, what is the right kind of grease for the cable?
I ordered a new cable from Bike-Bandit, but it is 3 inches too short, they said this as been dissconinued but this able is the replacement for it, I would have to make modifications to make it fit,
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

get the right cable--there not that expensive. go to motion pro site . they have 99% of the cables--if not they can make them up for you----just looked and the motion pro cable # is--02-0111 --- thats for the interstate--1984--

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, I will do that, it seems more and more parts are getting obsolete, maybe it's time for something new.
Problem is, when you get rid of a Goldwing for something else, your giving up a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

YEP--- i agree with that . i guess thats why i keep wishing for a big win off the lottery .

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

I use a hypoid grease on mine. Seems to last about a season of riding.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I'm ordering a new cable , the RIGHT length from Motion Pro for @ $21.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem with mine, lubed the cable and the nois came back soon after. Finally I lubed the speedometer itself and solved the problem

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

so are you saying that the noise may be in the speedometer and NOT the cable?
With mine the noise starts when I hit about 55 mph, the when I slow down the about 10 mph, the noise goes away.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

it seems that lubing up the cable is only a temporary fix, better to get new from motion pro, only $21.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

hondabago wrote:
I had the same problem with mine, lubed the cable and the nois came back soon after. Finally I lubed the speedometer itself and solved the problem
I had the same problem, but couldn't see how to get lubricant into the head unit. Finally, it bit the dust and I had to put an ebay unit in.

How did you get the lube in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.