Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My speedometer on my 86A reads about six mph fast. Is there an adjustment to fix this?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I have an 86 Aspy with the same indication.. It keeps me legal...

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

My 86 asp. is 3 mph fast I really don't think there's an adjustment unless you go in to the speed censer and recalibrate it

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

According to my GPS my 85 aspy reads almost 8 kph low at 80k per hr
They are allowed to be out 10% by law so they keep it on the legal side.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

All speedometers are built with an error some more generous than others, you'll find the faster you go the bigger the error.

You might 'think' your doing over 100mph when mr plod pulls you (loss of license in uk) but when theofficer says 'sir, I clocked you at 96mph by vascar'all you can say is 'yes officer I won't do it again, it was such a nice day'..... etc and breath a sigh of relief at your 3 points and £60 fine.

so if I were you live with the error better to be slow than too fast.............

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
All speedometers are built with an error some more generous than others, you'll find the faster you go the bigger the error.

You might 'think' your doing over 100mph when mr plod pulls you (loss of license in uk) but when theofficer says 'sir, I clocked you at 96mph by vascar'all you can say is 'yes officer I won't do it again, it was such a nice day'..... etc and breath a sigh of relief at your 3 points and £60 fine.

so if I were you live with the error better to be slow than too fast.............
At least your speeding tickets are less expensive than ours in the states!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Glad to see its not just my bike that has the error. Guess I'll just live with it. That fix is a bit expensive Ray but thanks for posting it.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah same problem on my neighbours :18red:about 5% to fast.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.