Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Dear All.
I am importing a Honda Goldwing GL 1800 Air 2010 from US to Australia, and I am searching for a speedometer where the KM/H is the predominant dial, which is one of the requirements to get the bike compliant with the Australian Road Design.
The part: 37110-MCA-D91 is hard to get as the factory in Japan was hit by the flooding and is still recovering, possible 8 weeks delivery time. That I was told by Honda Australia.
To me it seem wasted to have to replace the whole instrument and wondering if there is a way to change just the display in the speedometer.
I would appreciate if you could contact me, if you know a solution to my problem.
Regards, and have a great weekend.
Brian

:waiting:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Another member asked that question a few days ago Brian. I wasn't following the thread (I don't own an 1800) but you will find it by using the search box.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Brian.
I saw the same post that Ben saw last week. As was said in that one, the only other option is to find a crashed 1800 speedo that you could get the dial face from and swap the face out. Other years will probably work from the 1800s. If you look in the for sale section there in the top white section is a post on used parts places. Find one in a country that has kmph and see if they have one. Sometimes on Ebay there are speedo parts listed seperately.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Keep in mind that the accumulated distance is still in miles not Km. That would probably require an ECU change as well to get it to read Kilometers.

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

I saw the same question on another board some time back… the answer there was to replace the speedo AND the ECM. Seems the speedo is linked to the ECM somehow to measure either MPH or KMH.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

a canadian 1800 would have saved you the hassel and not been a whole lot more money compared to an american version.
that been said not shure how to replace the overlay on a 1800 not beening familiar with them.
Id also check canadian wreckers if you where looking for a useed one as ours are in kms to
wilf

·
1,698 Posts
imported post

Not so nice , butt maybe ok , temporarily ?
Take the speedo apart , cover the "ciffer disc" with paper (black) , and "whrite" your own speedo .(you just use the small km. letters , and copy those , on the rigt spots .
After the registration take it apart again , and throv the homemade paper away , and every thing looks nice.
Excuse my bad english.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

The Us model has MPH in big numbers but below or by it's side it is also listed in KPH. In Canada that is aceptable for usage. I have a US truck which I bought new and had no problems with the importation as speedo was listed in both MPH/KPH. It still list miles in miles and not kilometers. You were still better off buying from the US dealer than a Canadian dealer as the price difference and choice of models are a lot better in the US. In Canada we only have two models and two colours available at 10 to 13 thousand dollars more than the same models the US dealers sell. Roger

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks all for your replies.
I don't know how har the panels are to change cause then I could swap it temporary, have it approved and then change it back.
I might have to pay the $700 Australian Dollers (for some seems cheap)
Also Smeden, du kunne bare have skrevet på dansk haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.