Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 84 Aspy. has an annoying buzz eminating thru the radio that is directly related in pitch and frequency to the vehicle speed. It is not related to engine RPM. If I roll down a hill with the Radio on, engine running at idle, trans in neutral, the pitch of the whine increases as I gain speed. It decreases during deceleration and is non existent at a stop. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Bad ground? or leaking signal perhaps from the speedo sending unit? I,m not really sure where to start, and this condition was not present last year. I did recently install an EC harness but I can,t see how this would be related. Thanks.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

There was a Honda service bulletin about this years ago, they fitted a new oart of the wiring harness that partly cured the noise I think the EC harness is much the same. Is the noise any better at all with the EC harness fitted?

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply GWNorman, I almost think it's worse with the EC Harness. Do you know where I can find a copy of this service bulletin? The thing is I don't remember this condition being present last year.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Why not disconnect the EC harness and try it. Could be a grounding problem introduced by the harness.
I use the harness on my machine.
I did have electrical interference in the headset which I cured through the use of an after market harness (no longer available).

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Tricky, I guess it's worth a try but, all the connections of the EC harness are soldered. A grounding problem could cause this so I think that's where I'm going to start. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I would just switch off the radio :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Redwing, You Know I could live without the radio, but I just know this noise is going to be present in the headsets. It's my first Wing and I'm close to affording a setof headsets for the intercom. So I need to resolve this.As soon as time permits I'll tear into the wiring and connections to clean and check for good grounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.