Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2003 wing. Started having problems with speedometer on a cool morning the speedometer works fine as it warms up it starts going all over the place. Thinking it may be a loose connection I cleaned all the plug connection. Anyone else experience this problem or had problem fixed?

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
Does the cruise control and turn signal cancel work normally?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a 2003 wing. Started having problems with speedometer on a cool morning the speedometer works fine as it warms up it starts going all over the place. Thinking it may be a loose connection I cleaned all the plug connection. Anyone else experience this problem or had problem fixed?
Does the cruise control and turn signal cancel work normally?
yes the cruse control and turn signal worked all the time
the odometer works fine all the time . when the weather is cool speedometer works fine and on hot days it worked fine for a few minutes then it starts to jumps all over the place

·
1,829 Posts
the odometer works fine all the time . when the weather is cool speedometer works fine and on hot days it worked fine for a few minutes then it starts to jumps all over the place
Some early GL1800 had the speedometer replaced on warranty.
The needle/pointer was bending in heat/sun and toughing the faceplate as far as i remember.

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
That tells me the speedometer itself is the problem, not something external.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts