Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My speedo quit while on vacation this summer, 2 days into a three week trip. Always willing to wait till I find a good price on parts ,I waited till I got home to fix it.I did determin it was the drive.Found parts from BikeBandit.since I had to pay$25 for shipping thought I'd make an order, so got a speedometer gear(thought it was the whole drive but it was what I needed) cable and a air filter for less than my local dealer wanted for a new drive So now to put it all together.Got the drive out and after some tapping on the bench,out fell the old gear,clean it up,install the new gear,good to go.Now the cable.Checked on here and in the manual, and seemed like this may be a chore. Tore the front end apart, headlight,windshield,all to no avail,still couldnt get to the speedometer.Got to looking at things from the top.and deciced if I took out the black plactic trim piece on the left side I might reach it.SUCCESS.I was able to reach it, quite easily and with a bit of help from my #1 helper, a few minutes later, all done.Air filter gets done in th espring when I do the service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.