Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:( Hi everyone. I've noticed some of the messages on the board have a great deal of spelling errors. I'm not sure if everyone isaware that this forum has a rudimentary spell checker in the upper right hand corner. Look for the blue box "ABC" with the check mark. Then left click on the mis-spelled word and choose hopefully the correct spelling. It's not the best system, but it will help. Believe me. I'm a lousy speller and it helps.

Jerry

PS, I hope you don't think I'm being rude. I think this is the best forum around and the people are great. I just wasn't sure how many knew about the spell check.

Or, PS, eye hope u dont think im beinng rude i think this is hte bst fourm around and hte peole are grape. I just wasnt sure how many new about the spellcheck.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Jerryk :waving: I have a full time job trying to get members to complete their profile and include their Location. :whip: When i get that sorted then i will start on the spelling trail. :crying:

:stumped::18red::stumped:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

When I was in 2nd grade the teacher ask me, how do you spell "Cake" , I said "Kake"!

She said, the dictionary spells it "Cake"!

I said, you asked me how do I spell it, not how does the dictionary spell it ?!

Good tip though, thanks !

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Getting there. I purchased a J&M unit including Arai Helmet for $65.00. Had to then purchase a lower cord. Plugged it in and it seem to work ok, but I have only one speaker for music and I think both speakers for CB. I also made my own adapter cord from 5 pin to chatterbox speaker system. It seems to work but the passenger can't talk to me. (I know, some of you guys are saying "So, what's wrong") I switched helmets and still have the same problem so I suspect that the cord going to the passenger connection is bad. I need to play with it a little more and see if I can get it working.

I can't believe how much power this bike has now that the carbs are all clean. Zoom Zoom. Looking forward to getting out for the weekend ride. Thanks for asking.

Also, thanks for the quick and positive response about spelling. Hey Steve, it's not your job to correct our spelling. We're part of this forum and we need to help you continue to make it the best. The only thing I can ask you to do is to make sure the spell check is able to go on top of everything. Sometimes parts of it get hidden behind other things on the screen.

Jerry

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Jerryk :waving: I have a full time job trying to get members to complete their profile and include their Location. :whip: When i get that sorted then i will start on the spelling trail. :crying:
Looks like you hit the spell check on this one! :cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jerryk wrote:
Also, thanks for the quick and positive response about spelling. Hey Steve, it's not your job to correct our spelling. We're part of this forum and we need to help you continue to make it the best.
Hey Jerryk :waving: I think your all mixed up. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Yep, I guess I'm a little mixed up. That's what happens when you ride a naked wing.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

Iuse ie spell on all other forums but it won't work on this one.

Why?:?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks for the tip on IE Spelling. Works great. Love that I can add words like Goldwing and Carb to it. I'm going to add it to all my browser.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

geeeze, and the next thing they will complain about my "doctor" hand-writing skills... oh that is right, I am a doctor

D*mn it Jim, I'm a Doctor not an english major

okay, I'll use the spell check

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Spock can do a mind meld with you. Your mind to my mind, my misspelled words to your misspelled words. Did he really do a mind meld or was it a mind melt or maybe just a patty melt. Now were going nowhere.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
imported post

I like the IDEA of a Vulcan patty melt... :gunhead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.