Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Darn just noticed my driveshaft boot has a 1" split near the engine! Big job to do?? Swing arm have to come out?? Looks like a maybe.... If anyone has had their's apart or know of better way, would appreciate hearing about it. Can the Ujoint be disconnected / separated in the bike without the swing arm removal?? If so would save me some huge time! Thanks for any input.
Mark (new to the board)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 is right, the only way to get the new boot on is to pull the shaft back`as he described. It'll give you a chance to check out the brake pads, splines, wheel bearings etc. as well.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

With good members and advice like this, we don't need any Gurus :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Rocky, I'll do this fairly soon once my garage gets up to a somewhat warmer temperature. Thanks for the pointers!
I've had the rear wheel off but never the rest of it. Saves pulling the swing arm that's for sure! Thanks again sir!!
Mark

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Loosen the 4 nuts holding the final drive, and slide the final drive back a little. Think the axle comes out but its been a while...Forcethe spline back (carefully) andtry to remove theold boot. If it comes off without further damage, then you can slip the new one in the same way. If you want, ill try it and let you know how it goes. Ive used this trick to make engine intallation a little easier without major disassembly.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Shootersay's,
"With good members and advice like this, we don't need any Gurus" :gunhead:

...............................................................................................................................

Eliminating the gurus would totally destroy Redwings goals and ambitions. LOL

Vic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.