Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The UK gl1500se has a dummy spoiler light. I didn't realize there were no leds fitted in it until I had a closer look today. I was thinking about fitting leds myself and wiring it up. Am I nuts or has anyone seen this done? A new unit is crazy money offa Honda.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey weewillywing, :waving:Yes man Im here to help at this late hour, :crying:when I should be sitting in the pub playing cards. :jumper: Have a look at this siteand see if it will help you,:skipping:http://www.onlinecycleparts.net/ click on 1500 to bring up all the parts and search for the spolier light, it's about $53. :whip:

Another feather in the cap. :weightlifter:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Hi Willy. Redwing is right,it just goes to show that he does make sense sometimes!Even with postage the whole light will cost you under €50. I had one on my 1500 and it looked great. How long is it going to take you to drill out about 60 small holes in the false one and glue in all those LEDS exactly straight so they don't look crooked. Then all the grief of soldering all the little wires on.
If you are prepared to go through all that (a few hours work) just to save €50 then you are in for cheapskate of the year award! :p

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

You're probably wasting your breath Al. Dont ya just know Willy is going to spend the weekend fiddling with it, then he will bugger it up and go out and spend the 50 euro on a proper one. Then he will try and tell us he made it himself after all. :p

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey weewillywing, :waving:I hope you hear what these guys are saying about you. :gunhead: Get that spoiler light quick :whip:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Point taken lads, Ive ordered the aftermarket one. With shipping it comes to only $68. Thats about €52 at the moment. May as well go for it while the $ is low, mightn't always be like that. :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey weewillywing, :waving:Good man I knew you would grasp the nettle. :clapper:Now yellowwing will have to go down on one knee and say, :crying: maya culpa, maya culpa, maya maxa culpa. :crying:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well me spoiler arrived this morning and I just fitted it. Looks great and I'm happy to have saved myself loads of effort. :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hurragh for weewillywing. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:More commision for Redwing.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Willy, have you got it wired as a running light (I think that's the default setup on a UK model)? You can buy a gadget that will allow it to work as a brake light as well if you want.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
Willy, have you got it wired as a running light (I think that's the default setup on a UK model)? You can buy a gadget that will allow it to work as a brake light as well if you want.
That's right. I think it works by allowing only 6 volts to the LEDs for running, and 12 volts for brakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.