Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy Halloween everyone. :cooldevil:The spoiler light on my 1500 has started to flicker on and off. The fuses are all fine and all the leds flicker on and off together so I don't think its an led problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I don't want to go near my old mechanic (you might remember him as the man who caused my flooding carbs issue). I did find the connection block under the saddle for the spoiler light and there is constant power there with the ignition on.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

That sometimes happens. Most times spoiler light problems are because of the wires getting pinched in the trunk somewhere. Otherwise they are as reliable as hell.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

"The fuses are all fine and all the leds flicker on and off together so I don't think its an led problem" The only thing that is common in all the wires is the grounding.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Got it sorted out! :DI ended up getting an auto electrician in and he traced it to the ground wire getting chafed in the hinge. It was cut through and was making intermittent contact. Cost me €50 to pay the guy but worth it. Bens post nailed the problem but I didn't know where to look and didn't think it through, I assumed it was something more serious.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Heffo... No education is without cost... :action:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Heffo... No education is without cost... :action:
Especially when you are living in Ireland. :leprechaun:Glad you got it sorted. :clapper:

:waving: :18red: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Well done Dave. Consider it €50 well spent. I'm sure your local bike shop would have mugged you for much more than that.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Got it sorted out! :DI ended up getting an auto electrician in and he traced it to the ground wire getting chafed in the hinge. It was cut through and was making intermittent contact. Cost me €50 to pay the guy but worth it. Bens post nailed the problem but I didn't know where to look and didn't think it through, I assumed it was something more serious.
You'll put your thinking cap on next time Dave! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.